• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    OK so if the Dou Bagger O'Malley's proposal gets enacted will the MSP Designated Collector status have any bearing on us keeping what's ours? Do you think that may be a loop hole we can use to our benefit?
    Thanks

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Has confiscation or mandatory sale out of state been mentioned ? I have seen nothing other then maybe a buy back mentioned . This defeated attitude is sad to see .

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    The designated collector is MD's pressure relief valve in case their "one gun a month" scheme ever comes under scrutiny in a legal challenge. They will simply say "People can buy as many as they want by becoming regulated collectors, so we're not infringing their rights by otherwise limiting non-collectors to one a month." I don't agree, but that's my explanation for why the status exists.

With that said, I don't think being a designated collector will help avoid restrictions.

Calling, writing letters, sending emails...that will help.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    The designated collector is MD's pressure relief valve in case their "one gun a month" scheme ever comes under scrutiny in a legal challenge. They will simply say "People can buy as many as they want by becoming regulated collectors, so we're not infringing their rights by otherwise limiting non-collectors to one a month." I don't agree, but that's my explanation for why the status exists.

With that said, I don't think being a designated collector will help avoid restrictions.

I've done all of those. Just thinking that the collector's may be a benefit to anything they propose. And yes come hell or high water it will be a fight.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Pretty sure this is the beginning and end of DC status's benefit: with it, you are no longer a member of MD's regular 'gun of the month club'

... the goal of the antis is more restriction, not more loopholes ... don't look for any 'help' from the current anti gun proposals or future enacted laws

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom