• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XFireBowstrings

Custom String Maker
    Nov 26, 2011
    Denton MD
    I'm currently rebuilding a friends Diamond bow with a new string/cable and notice on the idler wheel serving of the old string that it has an unusual amount of wear. Does anyone else shoot a diamond and do you have idler wheel serving wear? Normaly we see this with bows that have excessive idler wheel lean, but this thing is straight up the middle clean looking. Also my strings when they come off the machine are tested and they have zero peep rotation upon drawing. I've made 2 different strings for this thing and both of them have peep rotation on the bow but not while tested in the machine...

This tells me that the idler wheel is gripping (causing premature wear, as well as friction that causing unstability in the string during draw cycle (peep rotation)...)

I'll fiddle with it some more tomorrow and post my findings... Diamonds are made by bowtech, which is a very good bow company...

somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    I shoot a diamond (2008) and my idler wheel serving has some wear but not too bad. It does have more than i saw with my other bow.

XFireBowstrings

Custom String Maker
    Nov 26, 2011
    Denton MD
    I did another one today that was a little better, but still ended up with a little peep rotation and the old string had some wear on the idler..... This string was perfect also prior to putting it on... It actually doesn't rotate much, but I'm a perfectionist.. especially with my strings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom