• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youknowit

Aug 31, 2012
    Cecil Tuckey
    All,
    Still looking for my first Over/Under shotgun, Went to Dicks Sporting Goods at White Marsh and noticed that they had a Franchi Diamond/Diamond Elite, Not sure which one it was, but it felt/looks nice and was at a great price ($899) Can anyone give me some info about this model gun? I know there made my Benelli or at least owned by them but that's about it. Thanks again for the help... HTTR:party29:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Up your budget a bit, you can buy your LAST O/U shotgun:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=309617
    6475.jpg

6485.jpg

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Usually goto Oxford gun club and shot one round of 50 targets....occasionally have done 2 rounds..no more then 2 times a month

Are you specifically looking at break action, or would you consider a similarly priced auto?

There's lots of options out there. A Franchi wouldn't be my first choice, even in that price range. If you want to buy a decent gun, that will hold up to thousands (tens) of rounds, you'll need to start looking into the "B" guns.

If you are looking to use it for field use, and aren't concerned with resale, the one you are looking it will probably fit the bill.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Hahaha sorry man that's way over my budget... although I am getting married in less than a month

Bring her up to Oxford with you Tuesday night, you take it out for a spin, hit more than 18 with it and I'll knock off $250 bucks.

Hmmm, getting married huh? I'll take a partial VISA/MC payment, you might was well start learning how to misappropriate and funnel funds now!

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    OP, I have a couple of friends with the newer Franchis. Both have had minor breakages. Repairs were not expensive, but parts are not generally available and have to be ordered, so the guns have been out of service for a couple of months each time. I would stay away from them. I'm assuming that you are shooting Trap at Oxford..... maybe five stand? If so, there are lots for gently used Citoris and Berettas out there in the plain wrapper versions in the $1200 - $1500 range. Look at some of the gun auctions for sporters. If it's a Trap gun you want, go to trapshooters.com. Also check the bulletin boards at the various clubs. A trip to Millers Gun Center on Rt 13 in New Castle might be worth it as well.

youknowit

Aug 31, 2012
    Cecil Tuckey
    Bring her up to Oxford with you Tuesday night, you take it out for a spin, hit more than 18 with it and I'll knock off $250 bucks.

Hmmm, getting married huh? I'll take a partial VISA/MC payment, you might was well start learning how to misappropriate and funnel funds now!

She doesn't ever go with us, but a few Sundays ago I did get 30 out of 50 sporting clays, Im sure it was a fluke but non the less Ill take it lol. :thumbsup:

With weddings comes wedding cards filled with money lol

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Oh, I was just breaking balls about your bringing her, there's never any females up there to look at. ;)

30 is respectable depending on how long you've been at it.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I should be up at Oxford on Sunday but I have a wedding the day before and Im not sure how much of a big head I'm going to have lol

Tuesday nights is where it's at. They get started around 4 (most people show up after 5), good food, usually a good group of guys (and a few dicks). :D

I go Sundays too.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    This site has alot of good info,but most guns are priced north of the Franchi you are looking at.
    The link is to help you with proper selection for fit and function. Hope it helps.
    http://www.herosarms.com/Selecting.htm

That's a great web site on selecting a shotgun. It almost should be a sticky in the shotgun forum as it answers 90% of the questions asked by shotgun newbies that I have seen here over the last few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom