• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    Are you signing because you made a credit or debit purchase or is that part of the process even if paying by cash?

Well it comes up before payment is due. When they scan ammo the prompt comes up and it has to be taken care of otherwise the register will be disabled. sort of like buying pseudoephedrine at the pharmacy.

I've not had an issue at the Gaithersburg location when buying 20 or so boxes of 223. I am of foreign decent (Asian) but am a naturalized citizen and have no accent speaking English.(came to the US when I was about a year old). Everyone that I've dealt with there is friendly and courteous to me.

Last edited:

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Maybe you looked like a terrorist or a gang member. Mdid you remember to shave and look like you belonged to that part of town? I can say that if you look the part, the you are suspect. :)

With that said, I never had a problem at the gtherbg dicks...though I will probably not buy another gun there because the only one I bought took an hour for the whole process.

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but this seems to be a new policy for Dick's Sporting Goods Store. I've heard of this happening in the Falls Church, Virginia store as well as a store in Norfolk, Virginia.

I really can't think of a better name for this company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom