• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    My son and I went out with some friends and his rabbit dogs today. I haven’t hunted with dogs in years. It was the first time my son ever hunted rabbits with dogs. He and I broke out some different/odd shotguns today, just to change things up a bit. My son used my Remington model 11, that is US marked, from WWII. I used my Winchester 1911SL shotgun.
    IMG_2313.jpeg

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    My son and I went out with some friends and his rabbit dogs today. I haven’t hunted with dogs in years. It was the first time my son ever hunted rabbits with dogs. He and I broke out some different/odd shotguns today, just to change things up a bit. My son used my Remington model 11, that is US marked, from WWII. I used my Winchester 1911SL shotgun. View attachment 456507
    Nice, on the haul and the hardware. I miss hunting with my beagles growing up. Hope your son keeps this memory for a lifetime like I have with my Dad.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    This picture is just of the few my son and I got. got. In total we ended up with 16 rabbits between all of us. Not a bad day at all, and was a lot of fun.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Nice, on the haul and the hardware. I miss hunting with my beagles growing up. Hope your son keeps this memory for a lifetime like I have with my Dad.
    Thanks. I’m sure he will. I used to rabbit hunt with my grandfather and his friends with their beagles. Today brought back some of those memories for me.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    My son and I went out with some friends and his rabbit dogs today. I haven’t hunted with dogs in years. It was the first time my son ever hunted rabbits with dogs. He and I broke out some different/odd shotguns today, just to change things up a bit. My son used my Remington model 11, that is US marked, from WWII. I used my Winchester 1911SL shotgun. View attachment 456507

Oh hell yeah! Just watching a good dog work makes any day worthwhile. And 6 rabbits makes a worthwhile day a great day! Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom