• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I was at Elk Neck this mornin ringin in the new year the way God intended. Was shootin a brand of clays from Dicks called “Champion”. Couldn’t hit a damn thing and if I was wingin em I sure as hell couldnt tell. Looked like I only hit like 5 of em outta the whole box. Threw all those, and switched over to White Flyers and it was like a nite and day difference. Only missed about 5 outta that whole box

What gives?

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I was at Elk Neck this mornin ringin in the new year the way God intended. Was shootin a brand of clays from Dicks called “Champion”. Couldn’t hit a damn thing and if I was wingin em I sure as hell couldnt tell. Looked like I only hit like 5 of em outta the whole box. Threw all those, and switched over to White Flyers and it was like a nite and day difference. Only missed about 5 outta that whole box

What gives?

Racism.

There can be no other explanation.

Feb 28, 2013
    Would you expect any less from Dicks?

Try searching for reviews on the topic, Champions may be like certain football teams...
    Got the White Flyers from Dicks, but so far I aint crazy bout this newfangled brand. I suspect they might be a little harder, and with the gun I was usin the pattern’s probably a country mile across by the time it gets out there so might be not enough pellets hittin to shatter em

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD

What gives?

There is a difference in clay targets, Champions are junk, they may be made out of concrete. Years ago the AGC ran out of targets in the winter and bought a bunch of cases of Champions to fill in until the load of the normal White Flyers were delivered. We were shooting Saturday public trap and really struggling to break a bird, it wasn't because we were bad shooters, I carried a AA class at the time and my buddy was an A and we consistently broke 96 or better out of 100. With the Champions we were breaking 14 to 16 birds, we would hit the bird so hard it would change direction but would not break, we actually laughed about it but did not shoot any more trap until they got the Champions out of the trap house.

Feb 28, 2013
    There is a difference in clay targets, Champions are junk, they may be made out of concrete. Years ago the AGC ran out of targets in the winter and bought a bunch of cases of Champions to fill in until the load of the normal White Flyers were delivered. We were shooting Saturday public trap and really struggling to break a bird, it wasn't because we were bad shooters, I carried a AA class at the time and my buddy was an A and we consistently broke 96 or better out of 100. With the Champions we were breaking 14 to 16 birds, we would hit the bird so hard it would change direction but would not break, we actually laughed about it but did not shoot any more trap until they got the Champions out of the trap house.
    Cool, glad to hear it aint just me

Asked a fella at work about it today and he said the same thing. Hopefully Wallyworld aint gonna drop the whiteys to start sellin that junk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom