• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlexanderG34

May 28, 2017
    My Dillon 650 has a hard time lining the brass up to push the primers in smoothly , is this common or should I call Dillon?

dedan

Dec 5, 2011
    delaware
    they have a drop in tool, that goes in to your sizing die, to line it up. it does not hurt to give dillion a call. they are great people to deal with, and will treat you well.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    My Dillon 650 has a hard time lining the brass up to push the primers in smoothly , is this common or should I call Dillon?

I've got an alignment tool I'll send you to use. But, odds are, if you call Dillon they will send you one for nothing.

Is your shell plate too loose? I had a problem where my shell plate was so loose it would actually advance too far, so the shell was not centered directly over the primer punch.

AlexanderG34

May 28, 2017
    Thanks for the help I called Dillion and a tech walked me through how to make the adjustments needed just ran 800 rds through it flawlessly and smooth as Tennessee whiskey. Again thank you all for the advice

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Dillon customer service is second to none.

What wound up being the culprit?

AlexanderG34

May 28, 2017
    The shell plate needed adjusted so that the primer push plunger was centered in the shell slot and the primer index arm was too far away from the shell plate

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    For future reference.

There are also locator buttons for #3,4 and 5 that are different diameters for different rounds but the station #2 locator you adjust with an Allen wrench. If the locator is touching the case or too far away, you are likely to have priming problems.

2991_228_150-dillion-xl650-inmages.jpg

AlexanderG34

May 28, 2017
    For future reference.

There are also locator buttons for #3,4 and 5 that are different diameters for different rounds but the station #2 locator you adjust with an Allen wrench. If the locator is touching the case or too far away, you are likely to have priming problems.

2991_228_150-dillion-xl650-inmages.jpg
    That was one of the issues . I had know idea that adjustment screw was even there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom