• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdf024

Bozo
    Mar 3, 2013
    Has anyone noticed the unsightly pricing cheaper than dirt is now selling 50 round boxes of 9mm ammo? 70$ for a 50 round box of pmc bronze. I think i would be forced to buy some marked up ammo from the Wally world resellers before I would ever consider buying anything from Cheaper Than Dirt :tdown:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Shortly after Sandy Hook I purchased 2 500 round packs of 7.62x39mm Tula from them for $120/pack. Before I even received them in the mail the price had risen to $180/pack and now those same packs are selling on CTD for $380 each.

Later I purchased from them a 640 spam can of Tula 7.62x39 for what I thought was a high price of $200. It's now selling for $450.

They were also selling Colt 6920s for $3,850 at the peak of the panic. I think their name is just ironic at this point.

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    I noticed that same thing this morning $70 wth! I sent them an email and mentioned they should change their name to "Expensive as Sh*t".

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Gunbot popped up with some Remington 22lr for .07 per round from them today. I didn't buy it both because that's still not a good deal, and because I refuse to give them my business.

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Haha ill never buy anything from cheaper than dirt again.

I know they pulled all firearms sales to for the children which instantly made me sick.

Also on there catalogue they had steel ar 15 mags for the low price of $99 each

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    Haha ill never buy anything from cheaper than dirt again.

I know they pulled all firearms sales to for the children which instantly made me sick.

Also on there catalogue they had steel ar 15 mags for the low price of $99 each

Let's be fair now. Those were COLT steel mags, which everyone knows are much better than PMAGS just because they say Colt on the floorplate!

:lol2:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    My current opinion of them is they are a fallen, gouging spineless business. They have a lot of catching up to do in terms of good publicity. I will not give them my business even after the gouging is over unless they disclose and confirmed by groups like the NRA and SAF LARGE corporate donations for 2A rights. I also want them to make a pro 2A public position statement. I don't want to bother but anyone can send them a link to this thread.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    My current opinion of them is they are a fallen, gouging spineless business. They have a lot of catching up to do in terms of good publicity. I will not give them my business even after the gouging is over unless they disclose and confirmed by groups like the NRA and SAF LARGE corporate donations for 2A rights. I also want them to make a pro 2A public position statement. I don't want to bother but anyone can send them a link to this thread.

Agreed, my money will keep going to AimSurplus, Palmetto, Joe Bob's, and every other retailer that isn't gouging us. I don't even mind slight price increases, I get why that is necessary, but 500% increases in some cases? Screw you cheaper than gold.

Brads

Jan 31, 2013
    Harwood
    Cheaper then dirt prices keep going up and up just like gas. They dont keep alot in stock but not alot of company

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Cheaper Than Derp ......... :toothless

roflbot-AsKj.jpg

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I always avoid dealing with them, simply because they they will often refuse to sell items because I live in MD (even when they are not forbidden, or I am shipping to a WV address). i could honestly deal with that (it is their business after all), but I think the a$$hole remark they always make when they refuse is a bit too much. The denial page always says that if I want the item, I should move to another state. F them.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    cheaper than GOLD, perhaps. yes, clearly their business model does not match their name.

the other thing that really sucks (with other e-tailers also) is being limited on quantities to buy (eg 5 box limit) and getting screwed with freight (i've seen as high as $4/box).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom