• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tinydata

Jul 29, 2011
    Potomac
    Some background to start- I have a Glock 43 with magazine removal issues. Most of the time, the magazine would not drop free and had to be pulled from the weapon. Like some other people that have posted online, the edge of the lip where the magazine catch interfaces was mushrooming. I shaved some material off and the incidence rate dropped from ~85% to ~50% of hung up magazines. I figured that something must be up as my Gen 4 G19 drops magazines free without fail. Even after months of use, the five Glock 19 magazines that I own show no sign of deformation and still possess very generous clearance with the sides of the magwell.

This worried me so I called up Glock Customer Support. When I inquired about the issue, the representative brusquely informed me that the magazines weren't designed to drop free and that this was because the G43 "is a small gun." My incredulous reaction was to ask him if he thought it was reasonable to have to rip a magazine out of the pistol under stress and whether it was expected for the magazine to deform in a critical area.

With a little pushing and prodding, I was able to have the rep agree to send two magazines and a catch (the catch took extra effort) so that I could swap the parts. No reply to "Have a nice day" so I think I struck a nerve there. Before people jump all over my back, both of us were courteous during the exchange but I could definitely sense some defensiveness on his part.

With this kind of sloppy design work/quality assurance and treating me like a fool, I'll have to think twice before purchasing another Glock handgun.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Hopefully they fix it for you soon, instead of pulling the Apple "there is no problem" thing. My three Glocks ran fine out of the box, so I can't speak to the service thing.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Yea, they can be kinda like the gun world's Apple, surprised the number doesn't just go to a recording "congratulations on your purchase of perfection, you're welcome".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom