• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    So, they went from plastic card with picture to plastic card no picture to papre card to no card at all.

And the $50 poll tax has stayed the same

IIRC back in 2013 the $50 cost was partially justified by the cost of producing the photo ID. And there was some discussion that it was constitutional to charge for things related to exercising a constitutional right as long as they were reasonable and in line with actual costs. I think there was also some comments regarding poll taxes and legal cases about them that touched on this.

Legal Eagles is this a way to attack least the cost of an HQL?

So now in Maryland you need a credit card, computer with the right operating system and now printer in order to buy a handgun.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    exactly

Yeah what happened to the fiscally responsible part? If they’re saving money that should be passed on to the consumer. Lmao, like that would ever fvcking happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably why they did it

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You're assuming that the IT development work wasn't done by a O'Malley crony/relative (i.e., the Lowest Bidder) and runs on something better than a 386 with Win95...

Fixed it for you.....

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Medical records are going online as well. I for one absolutely trust all my information being properly protected. :sad20:

OMP has shown the world how to secure information...... (just hand it to China on a silver platter)

Medical records are not sent in an email.

You have to go to a secure site and log into that site to see them. Once logged in, the traffic between your computer and the site is encrypted.

Not 100% secure, but a WHOLE LOT more secure than an email.

But, if they are going to email me a PDF of the HQL, why can't I email that PDF to the shop, so they "see" my HQL. :D

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The cost of the States portion of an HQL should now be about the same as the States portion of a transfer, same background check. So why is one $50 and the other $10? Sounds like a tax on exercising a civil right guaranteed by the Constitution to me.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    So now in Maryland you need a credit card, computer with the right operating system and now printer in order to buy a handgun.

Apparently not just to BUY.

BULLETIN
    LD-HQL-20-004
    A printed copy of the pdf, or an electronic copy of the license, must be presented to a dealer or any other person, prior to selling, renting, or transferring a handgun, in accordance with MD Public Safety §5- 117.1 and COMAR 29.03.01.06.

Now you can't sell them without an HQL??

blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    Apparently not just to BUY.

Now you can't sell them without an HQL??

They edited that cite a little too closely: "A dealer or any other person may not sell, rent, or transfer a handgun to a purchaser, lessee, or transferee unless the purchaser, lessee, or transferee presents to the dealer or other person a valid handgun qualification license issued to the purchaser, lessee, or transferee by the Secretary under this section."

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Yet another change that disproportionately affects poor people who can't afford computers, smart phones, or printers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom