Disney CEO Bob Iger: Those of Us in Positions to Influence Laws, Shape Culture ‘Have an Extra Responsibility’ to Push Gun Control

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia

Disney CEO Bob Iger: Those of Us in Positions to Influence Laws, Shape Culture ‘Have an Extra Responsibility’ to Push Gun Control

Disney CEO Bob Iger attended a Sandy Hook Promise Benefit and referenced people in influential positions and suggested that those who shape culture “have an extra responsibility” to push gun control.
    Iger said, “As a grandfather, as a father, as CEO of The Walt Disney Company, I believe there is no greater or more important task than ensuring the safety and well-being of our children.”

He added, “Those of us who are in positions to affect change, whether it’s by influencing laws of shaping culture or supporting organizations on the frontlines, I think we have an extra responsibility.”

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Pretty crappy coming from a company making all that money from a character who says, "weapons are a part of my religion," and does a lot of killing with guns.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Disney stock price down 38% over the last year:

1670441344656.png

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Yep, our DVC membership points have been for sale for a couple of months. Nobody seems to want to buy them...
    Oh man...we were at WDW in Dec 2019 and seriously considered joining DVC. Showed us some very nice rooms/suites. For many reasons, esp with what we heard about how they handled that and covid (can't come, but still pay up, bitches)... and their new price gouging for per-per-ride...

We're going back to USVI trips. Still cheaper.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Oh man...we were at WDW in Dec 2019 and seriously considered joining DVC. Showed us some very nice rooms/suites. For many reasons, esp with what we heard about how they handled that and covid (can't come, but still pay up, bitches)... and their new price gouging for per-per-ride...

We're going back to USVI trips. Still cheaper.
    We've been members for many years. When the kids were younger it was our go-to vacation. My wife liked it because I'd never take a vacation otherwise and this way we had a WDW vacation every other year. So many wonderful stories and memories of our kids growing up with that as a regular and special part of their lives.

After/during the pandemic we tried to spend a whole week there. Nope, not allowed. When we were there, the Disney employees were not as helpful or as accommodating as they had been in the past. I always liked the idea that when you get there you go 'into the bubble' and you don't care about the news, the costs, nothing. It's just a week of pretending that none of that matters and we paid a LOT of money to make that happen. Then the new guy at the top started adding upcharges for everything and making the experience worse. We spent a week every other year and wanted to feel like we were special. The new rules put DVC members at the bottom of the food chain because they weren't bringing in the same level of cash, regardless of the fact that we paid >$20K to walk in the door to begin with and a >$1200 a year in fees.

Don't get me started on how they treated their programmers a few years ago. We already had DVC then or I never would have purchased.

Then they got involved in politics and I told my wife I wasn't going back. They popped the bubble. I'll spend my money somewhere else. Looks like Iger is as woke as the old guy. I'm done with them.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Welp, there goes the thought that they forced out the other guy and brought Iger back in to be less woke.

My wife is a giant Disney nerd. She loves all the engineering and how perfect they make everything. It kills me to support them, but I can't sh!t on my wife's joy.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    "Iger said, “As a grandfather, as a father, as CEO of The Walt Disney Company, I believe there is no greater or more important task than ensuring the safety and well-being of our children.”

As a father, I believe there is no greater or more important task than ensuring the safety and well-being of our children from the pedophiles and groomers in the Walt Disney Company.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    A lot of the woke policies that sent Disney into a downward spiral happened on Bob Iger's watch. He's not fixing sh*t.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Welp, there goes the thought that they forced out the other guy and brought Iger back in to be less woke.

My wife is a giant Disney nerd. She loves all the engineering and how perfect they make everything. It kills me to support them, but I can't sh!t on my wife's joy.
    I see the Iger quote doesn't include the words 'push gun control'. Maybe he's just saying something that others assume means gun control. What other large media groups don't say the same kinds of things? Maybe he is still less woke than the last guy. I think all these media groups that make big movies, etc openly make all this violent content and act like its make believe and so has no influence on the real world. Then their big stars want to come out and support taking our 2A rights away while being able to afford whatever security they want and continue to star in these violent movies, etc.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    This is the same company who's cruise ship employee molested a child and they were nice enough to keep him aboard until the next Island that would treat a pedophile better.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    Disney's foremost interest is making money. Iger is playing to the groups he sees as having the most influence over the discretionary purchases of his company's products, whether it is hotel vacations at its theme resorts or subscriptions to its movie products or Disney cruise vacations. Those decision makers are suburban women with children and a decent amount of disposable income. Disney has always been all about cultivating an image; they are masters at image management.

Sirex