• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    3 of them were on my farm today and acted very rude. They act like they can drive on my farm when when ever they want. Can they? Can I ask them to leave? I have no problem if they are nice but they weren't. Thoughts?

Ask them for their name(s), ID numbers, etc.
    Jot down their vehicle tag numbers and any identifying numbers.

Call Annapolis and convey to the DNR Office that so-and-so was on your property, UN-invited and was extremely rude to you.

Be factual. Do not exxagerate even a little.

IF they opened a fence gate and didn't close it, convey that to them.
    IF they drove across your field(s), convey that.
    IF they only drove on a path or gravel road, convey that.

Let the DNR Office know that you really don't appreciate the 'attitudes' from these guys, on your own property.

Why Try

Mar 4, 2013
    Frederick area
    One of the hunters saw a guy without permission hunting yesterday. DNR was called and removed the hunter. I was away at the time. Today 3 DNR trucks were sitting in the farm driveway 100 yards in. When I asked how they were doing I got questioned as to why I was there. I still have no problem with them at this point. Told them I was the farmer and they still acted like I had done something wrong and was in their way. No fence but posted.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    One of the hunters saw a guy without permission hunting yesterday. DNR was called and removed the hunter. I was away at the time. Today 3 DNR trucks were sitting in the farm driveway 100 yards in. When I asked how they were doing I got questioned as to why I was there. I still have no problem with them at this point. Told them I was the farmer and they still acted like I had done something wrong and was in their way. No fence but posted.

Sounds like problems were solved yesterday.

Wonder why 3 there today?

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    They have to have some sort of RAS that a game violation may be going on, otherwise they are being total dicks. Of course a game violation could be occurring anywhere at any time, so...

If they are aren't total dick officers, they will ask a landowner if they can access another property through yours, if the complaint they got doesn't involve you personally. Also some landowners having problems with poachers will invite them to come do a stakeout or whatever. They may have been asked by a neighbor of yours, but were on the wrong property or were using yours to access the other.

I don't know what you do if they rut your fields up or run over crops. But I do know they can be real dicks and act like they do whatever they want. I had 3 harass me over my trapping, when they were on that property originally for deer poachers. Deer season was over and they were bored I guess. They said they had been monitoring my traps for a bunch of days and accused me of not checking for 2 days (a pile of BS). I wish I had been a quicker smartass and asked them why they didn't release the wood duck I had accidently caught the day before in a mink/muskrat set ( that I released and got all wet from it splashing me).

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    ... they will ask a landowner if they can access another property through yours, if the complaint they got doesn't involve you personally. Also some landowners having problems with poachers will invite them to come do a stakeout or whatever. They may have been asked by a neighbor of yours, but were on the wrong property or were using yours to access the other.

On the farm that my son and I have permission to hunt, the landowner has invited DNR Poh-leeeeeeeeeese to come on the property ANYTIME they want.

There was a REAL poaching problem there, several years ago.

No more.

One guy that lost his permission was seen entering the farm.
    DNR watched him exit the vehicle and load his shotgun.

As he walked into the edge of the woods, another DNR officer approached him.
    When he couldn't produce written permission, the landowner was called.

Long story short...... they nailed his _ _ _!

I won't and don't tolerate poachers.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Come running out of your house with assless chaps on and say, HOWDY.

****Isn't that guy in the pic Rob Pincus from the Personal Defense Network? It really looks like him... Next to maybe Chuck Norris in assless chaps and perhaps carrying a Total Body Gym, I can't think of anyone better to go out and meet those pesky DNR guys...

Not that there is anything wrong with wearing assless chaps but where would one conceal carry in that outfit?

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    3 of them were on my farm today and acted very rude. They act like they can drive on my farm when when ever they want. Can they? Can I ask them to leave? I have no problem if they are nice but they weren't. Thoughts?

Trust me. Tell them to take a hike.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Post your property NO TRESPASSING. And tell them the next time they want access they are to check in with you first.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    they can come most any time they want if they think you or some one there is doing something illegal but they cannot damage any crop or field. unless they catch you doing something illegal and are chasing you .period. without paying for it. they have the right to come look around and you have the right to tell them to hurry the fcvk up and git. they also cant make a habit of it if they dont find anything wrong.

on another note dont have a bunch of gut piles or hides and parts in your fields for them to see, they act funny about that and will come around more than you want if do.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Dont walk but DANCE over to them on a whig and nothing else singing "goodbye horses". It works. Every. Single. Time.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    That's fine but if I own it and you don't, get off it, don't touch and keep the hell away unless invited or you have a warrant.

They don't need a warrant for the issue described my OP, they seriously have super powers.Search with or without warrant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_warden
    The laws in many U.S. states allow game wardens to conduct certain types of searches with or without search warrants. The law in Louisiana for instance states in part "...any commissioned wildlife agent may visit, inspect, and examine, with or without [a] search warrant, records, any cold storage plant, warehouse, boat, store, car, conveyance, automobile or other vehicle, airplane or other aircraft, basket or other receptacle, or any place of deposit for wild birds, wild quadrupeds, fish or other aquatic life or any parts thereof whenever there is probable cause to believe that a violation has occurred. Commissioned wildlife agents are authorized to visit or inspect at frequent intervals without the need of search warrants, records, cold storage plants, bait stands, warehouses, public restaurants, public and private markets, stores, and places where wild birds, game quadrupeds, fish, or other aquatic life or any parts therof may be kept and offered for sale, for the purpose of ascertaining whether any laws or regulations under the jurisdiction of the department have been violated...."[3] The laws in other states may grant more or less search and seizure authority. These exceptions granted to game wardens are still considered to fall within the constitutional limits of search and seizure as outlined in the U.S. Constitution.[citation needed]

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    Since today was muzzle loader day I am sure they were looking for violations. They should have some etiquette however for the landowner. The proper procedure would be to try to find the land owner or give him/her prior notice. Just to show up may be lawful but unethical.

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD

Get close to them and take pictures of them, names on their uniforms, their vehicles, license plates, and anything else related. You can also include things in the pictures that can be used as a reference later like a sign, fence, road, etc. Use a video camera too. Let them see you doing this.

7A38

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    They don't need a warrant unless they are searching a occupied area or a locked structure.

This is the 2nd case I've heard of this in the frederick county area, and its a little unsettling.

We can't get a DNR officer at the frederick watershed if we offer free lunch but you can get 3 on your private property and so far, none have articulated why they need to show up with such numbers?

2 deep, they can articulate its for safety, 3 deep and without them telling you more they are just ponyin' up together and taking a ride.

Thanks Martin OweMalley

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Interesting I know of a guy that was stopped on his tractor on the middle of his field by 2 dnr yesterday as well. Said they had complaints of gun fire and asked him if he had a weapon on him while in the tractor. Of course they are hearing gun fire it's muzzle loader.

Same general area? Probably just looking for violations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom