• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    I currently own a suppressor, so I'm familiar with all the hoops you have to jump through for a Class III, but I haven't been up to date with how MOM's new law will come into play for MAC 11s. I'm thinking the prices for MACs will slowly decline because the AW ban got dropped at the Federal level, but not by too much because the bee's nest got stirred and there's more interest in buying firearms. Do I have time to buy one after October 1st, or do I need to get a move on it? My budget is $3-4k for a MAC 11 9mm.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I currently own a suppressor, so I'm familiar with all the hoops you have to jump through for a Class III, but I haven't been up to date with how MOM's new law will come into play for MAC 11s. I'm thinking the prices for MACs will slowly decline because the AW ban got dropped at the Federal level, but not by too much because the bee's nest got stirred and there's more interest in buying firearms. Do I have time to buy one after October 1st, or do I need to get a move on it? My budget is $3-4k for a MAC 11 9mm.

Considering the m11/nine is one of the least expensive subguns and the plethora of Lage goodies available, I doubt you will see them drop in value. The Lage slow fire upper and a comfortable stock of your choosing really transforms the m11 from a bullet hose to an extremely controllable subgun.

As others have stated, machineguns are still good to go in Maryland, for now:mad54:

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Hmm, I was hoping I could pull it off for $4k out the door with stamps and taxes. A Lage Slowfire would be fun, but at this price, it's more for investment than shooting when you factor in price per bullet fired. I definately got my money's worth out of the slidefire though lol.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Hmm, I was hoping I could pull it off for $4k out the door with stamps and taxes. A Lage Slowfire would be fun, but at this price, it's more for investment than shooting when you factor in price per bullet fired. I definately got my money's worth out of the slidefire though lol.

Yeah prices have jumped a good bit on these! I don't see it going down because of AOW getting dropped. Its ammo related. Rifle caliber is to expensive to shoot so everyone is going to 9mm and 22... I don't know if you will see them swing back to the low $3K range anytime soon. Better to just come up with the money now!

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    He was using the M11A1 which is .380, not 9mm as you desire. The M11 has a rate of fire that is 3-4 hundred rounds per minute slower. But still fast.

BTW, LAGE makes uppers that will let you shoot 9mm with an M11A1. The only drawback is that they don't have a .22 kit for the M11A1. Keep that in mind when looking for a MAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom