• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I'm about to order a Windham dissipator barrel but the fsb isn't F marked and it's going to be installed on a flat top. Will the sight radius compensate for the elevation difference or should I build my own barrel and use the F marked fsb?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Should you have an F marked FSB with a flat top? Yes
    You can use a non F marked FSB with a taller front sight though.
    I think Brownells carries them.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Does it stick out above the ears?

I believe it does which is why it's more of a band aid solution but I'd ask WW if they can pin in a F marked FSB instead that way its easy peasy for you.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I believe it does which is why it's more of a band aid solution but I'd ask WW if they can pin in a F marked FSB instead that way its easy peasy for you.
    Thanks, I'll call WW and see what they have to say.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    WW just told me I'm good to go with the A2 fsb and if I am really concerned about elevation they have a talker pin they can install at an extra charge. I'm not 100% confident in what the guy said.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It's only .040" difference to compensate for added thickness of the rail and Colt bolt-on handle sight. most of the time you have plenty of room to turn the front pin out and 0 it, especially if you are doing a 25-300 or 50-200 yard zero. If not, then a taller pin will be fine, it doesn't stick up past the ears.

Apr 15, 2013
    Will the sight radius compensate for the elevation difference or should I build my own barrel and use the F marked fsb?

With the 20" rifle length sight radius of a dissipator, the F FSB is not as important as on a 14" carbine length sight radius. I have a 20" barrel on a flat top upper with a non-F FSB, and the rifle zeros at 25yds with no trouble. YMMV, but I would guess that the Windham barrel assembly will zero just fine without a tall front sight post.

Of course if I was doing it, I'd buy the parts individually- and would probably go with the F FSB just because. Go with a set screw FSB instead of a pin on- it allows you to perfectly zero the windage of your rifle using the FSB, with the rear sight centered.
    http://www.fulton-armory.com/frontsightbaseforgedpowerwedgewsetscrewswbayolug-2.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom