• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    They're 100% a scam. a bud was looking for some decently priced ammunition for my newly acquired ce 43 K98k, and after some frustrating dead ends, he found this place was listing the same Greek 1940 surplus ammo that a few sources have, but they seemed to have no problem with his order The site looks quite legit- very detailed, reviews of products, articles, and even an online chat feature- but he missed the red flags and only realized some of the telltale signs AFTER he paid.

Firstly, they don't take credit cards- only PayPal and crypto. He figured, maybe it's a small online-only business that's trying to keep costs down. He was just so happy to finally be able to get the ammo to be too concerned. Then the PayPal payment is supposed to be a 'to friends and family'- again okay, avoid the charge. But, of course, there's no buyer protection and no way to get your money back. This should have made. He was too relieved to find someone who would sell to him. Then it got weirder he placed the order, but they were going to email him the PayPal address to send payment too- it wasn't automatic on the site. Hmmmm. Long story short he got screwed as it was a total scam.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I ran accross a site like that last week. No CC's only those bitcoion/crypto/paypal deals.
    My first clue was they had ammo at a good price and everything seemed to be in stock.
    If they don't accept CC's I keep on looking.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I've seen numerous sites like that. Everything is in stock. Hard to find ammo and gun parts at great prices. Pictures and descriptions stolen from legit websites. Prices from several years ago.
    If they don't take credit cards - run away.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    He figured, maybe it's a small online-only business that's trying to keep costs down.
    Almost every shopping cart system available for small business use offers an integrated merchant processor with pretty minimal fees.

When buying online if I can't pay using my AmEx I pass; AmEx offers better buyer protection than MC/V/D.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    Surprised PayPal would do business with a ammo supply company. Yes, the no CC policy is a flag for most on line companies.

So megaammosupply.com is on the no fly list.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Sounds like a site we should all go to and make fake orders!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just amazing how many folks out there are actively trying to steal our money.

getting a bunch of emails recently, purportedly from cabelas, home depot etc (but with a gmail or other address...) where i won something just need to give them my credit card number for shipping.

got a couple emails acknowledging my payment for various stuff, they couldn't be more fake. but not sure what their angle is? maybe i'm supposed to let them know i didn't order that, then give them my card number for a refund?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Surprised PayPal would do business with a ammo supply company. Yes, the no CC policy is a flag for most on line companies.

So megaammosupply.com is on the no fly list.
    Technically they aren't an ammo supply company. I doubt that any of them ever shipped one single round!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    just amazing how many folks out there are actively trying to steal our money.

getting a bunch of emails recently, purportedly from cabelas, home depot etc (but with a gmail or other address...) where i won something just need to give them my credit card number for shipping.

got a couple emails acknowledging my payment for various stuff, they couldn't be more fake. but not sure what their angle is? maybe i'm supposed to let them know i didn't order that, then give them my card number for a refund?
    There are a variety of ways they try to steal your identity or rip you off when you try to cancel or get a refund for the nonexistent charge/subscription. If any of them seem remotely legitimate, check with your bank through your usual means, not the contact info from the email. Best bet is to just ignore the emails and watch your bank statements.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    They appear to have addresses in FL and PA. The phone number listed is for PA (I didn't try to call).
    I agree with not doing business with a company that does not take credit cards, but I just don't understand how people like this can blatantly be frauds without being shut down and arrested. I guess naivetee doesn't go completely go away even after all these years.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    They appear to have addresses in FL and PA. The phone number listed is for PA (I didn't try to call).
    I agree with not doing business with a company that does not take credit cards, but I just don't understand how people like this can blatantly be frauds without being shut down and arrested. I guess naivetee doesn't go completely go away even after all these years.
    Spoofed local/US addresses web locations, phone numbers, addresses. This kind of fraud can be operated from next door to you, anywhere in China, Russia, Cuba, or the Canary or Falkland Islands

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I ran accross a site like that last week. No CC's only those bitcoion/crypto/paypal deals.
    My first clue was they had ammo at a good price and everything seemed to be in stock.
    If they don't accept CC's I keep on looking.

I've seen numerous sites like that. Everything is in stock. Hard to find ammo and gun parts at great prices. Pictures and descriptions stolen from legit websites. Prices from several years ago.
    If they don't take credit cards - run away.

Another tipoff is when they offer returns and full refunds for ammo and firearms.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    I just left the HoCo gun show. I >>THINK<< i saw one dealer with a case of 8mm. Sorry, i don't recall any other details other than about 3/4 of the way in, toward the left.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    "don't take credit cards- only PayPal and crypto."

There are a bunch of (fake) websites. like that, one of them was selling used Police trade-ins Benelli Shotgun at a good price, but again won't take CC. Claimed to be located in Southern MD, when I asked if I can stop by, no reply from them...

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I almost got taken by a fake Remington site. I was looking for a beater shotgun and this site popped up.

Looked legit till I saw the Ohio National Guard shotguns listed as "in stock" for a stupid low price.

I figured it had to be a scam site so I looked at another part of the site and the payments accepted was crypto and PayPal.

notional

MDS Supporter
    Domain name is registered to this address. But there's nothing there right now:
    1670730333444.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-10 224615.png
      Screenshot 2022-12-10 224615.png
      28.1 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88