• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lasher9999

May 31, 2010
    Jacksonville, md
    I stopped in Just Guns yesterday. Had somebody there tell me it's against federal law to run an ffl out of your house.

How true is this?

Btw, they're selling pistol grip shotguns as cash-and-carry again.

halfway true. Federal law requires you to be in compliance with state and local laws. In many counties, including Baltimore County, you really can't legally run a business out of your home because of zoning restrictions. That means the feds can revoke your ffl if they give you one.

TWM

Jul 4, 2013
    Howard Co
    Is this the old Valley Gun Shop that was on the corner of Taylor and Harford? It's been 25-30 years since I've been there with my dad. They seemed ok back then...but then i was still watching Saturday morning cartoons at that point...

Dec 31, 2012
    Is this the old Valley Gun Shop that was on the corner of Taylor and Harford? It's been 25-30 years since I've been there with my dad. They seemed ok back then...but then i was still watching Saturday morning cartoons at that point...

same location but different shop

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    This was the first gun shop I had been to in almost 15 years. I have since found many better but they treated me with respect. I stop by sometimes to see what he has (not much lately ) .

As long as he has what I want at a reasonable price, I would happily buy from him again.

I never saw the tacticool guy

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I was driving down "memory lane today"-now that I can drive far distances. And I stopped by the shop for the first time (I live in Germantown). They were good to go. When I was in there, I saw/watched them deny a sale/starting paperwork on a pistol to a young couple. The guy didn't have his training card, he did not "stay" at the address listed on his DL and the female tried to make the purchase and this was refused. I wasn't there to buy, let them know that and they didn't run me off, they let me look around.

But the real reason was to check out Freddys. I had not been there in years, since it was Dead Freddys. I was the only customer in the bar (1130 am), spoke with the owner for a bit. Relived some memories of drunken nights, trying to pick up the chicks that the owner had cast off/pissed off (they seemed to be the best looking).

I didn't see a gun that I could not live without, but may head back up that way again for some nighttime beer drinking followed by a cab ride.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I drive past there every day and have yet to go in. one of these days I'll have to poke my head in.

as far as Freddie's goes, now there's a place I just don't understand. The beer on tap does not match the clientele. I love the beer ;)

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I drive past there every day and have yet to go in. one of these days I'll have to poke my head in.

as far as Freddie's goes, now there's a place I just don't understand. The beer on tap does not match the clientele. I love the beer ;)

Don't bother. Just Guns is the renamed O.C. Outdoors that was located in Dundalk. The son runs the business now and is as much of a dick as his father. I think one of the reasons it was named Just Guns is because he shared the building with Sandy Abrams (Valley Gun) after he lost his FFL. All he was supposed to sell was accessories and I think the rest of his stock. The best gun shop on that strip and anywhere else was Walter's Gun Chamber.

And by Freddies, do you mean Dead Freddies? If you want to get in to a fight, go there.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    LOL I have not been to Dead Freddie's or Just Guns in years.

I really do miss Walter's though. Spent many an hour in there and bought my first Ruger Mark II from Walter's. A great store and wonderful staff.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013

field trip?

And by Freddies, do you mean Dead Freddies? If you want to get in to a fight, go there.

I prefer Ashley's Tavern when I want guaranteed violence.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I thought "Just Guns" was the shop that got shut down a few times for operating without an FFL or it was revoked and they continued to operate as "private sales" etc.

I sort of remember reading something several years ago about how a ridiculous amount of confiscated street guns were traced back to the shop...

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I stopped in Just Guns yesterday. Had somebody there tell me it's against federal law to run an ffl out of your house.

How true is this?

Btw, they're selling pistol grip shotguns as cash-and-carry again.

It comes down to zoning laws within your county. Some allow foot traffic business from your home and some don't. Baltimore County doesn't. ATF requires all transfers to take place at the address on the license, so if you're not allowed to conduct such business from that address, the ATF will not issue the FFL. I applied for an FFL about 15 years ago. It was approved at the federal level and passed down to the Baltimore office but got shot down due to Balt Co zoning.

jaybee

Ultimate Member

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I thought "Just Guns" was the shop that got shut down a few times for operating without an FFL or it was revoked and they continued to operate as "private sales" etc.

I sort of remember reading something several years ago about how a ridiculous amount of confiscated street guns were traced back to the shop...

That was Valley Gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom