• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    According to The Daily Record, "the state's highest court" has ruled that the provisions allowing someone to carry in their place of business do not extend outside the four walls of the establishment. This is probably not really news to most folks, but I found it interesting and it servers as a cautionary warning to those of you lucky enough to carry a gun at work.

If only he'd carried a long gun...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yes. Sounds about right.

Its like saying.. if you live in a condo or apartment. Inside your home is legal but as soon you step across your door, you are on public area.

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    That does not sound "about right". It should extend to your property lines. A lot of business owners have big places without walls, like farms and any supply type stores with big "yards"

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Along the same lines, hasn't the courts already ruled that those with carry permits are allowed to keep the weapon in their cars in a company parking lot even if that company does not allow guns on their premises? So, if the guns are allowed on company property AND also allowed in their cars in the parking lot.......

That does not sound "about right". It should extend to your property lines. A lot of business owners have big places without walls, like farms and any supply type stores with big "yards"

^This is my line of thinking.

I have 2 buildings and a fenced in 2 acre lot (probably 50% of my work is done outside).Where would my "within the confines" start and end,the fence or the building(s)?

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's

^This is my line of thinking.

I have 2 buildings and a fenced in 2 acre lot (probably 50% of my work is done outside).Where would my "within the confines" start and end,the fence or the building(s)?

I'm thinking you guys missed the subtle sarcasm of his remark.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Along the same lines, hasn't the courts already ruled that those with carry permits are allowed to keep the weapon in their cars in a company parking lot even if that company does not allow guns on their premises? So, if the guns are allowed on company property AND also allowed in their cars in the parking lot.......

I have been wondering about that a good bit... I would really like to know where that is in law...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom