Does anyone know what "Apple Mountain" is?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Ultimate Member
    I've drove by Apple Mountain a few times when I was at Greenridge then saw a it listed a few times on the internet (http://www.eastcoaststurgis.com/index.html).

It seems like some privately owned camp ground with people that like to party going off of the internet.

I was wondering if anyone has been there or knows anything about it. It seems like a good idea to buy a place away from people that has water access and just have fun there.

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    Its the location of what's being called "east coast sturgis". Buddy of mine went last year, said it was a blast. I'm prolly goin this year.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    Apple Mountain is private property that once a year in August turns in to a biker, music, and titty festival, with several thousand bikes, and people camping out and having fun for the several days of East Coast Sturgis. Some ride thier bikes and camp with just what they can carry, others haul big campers in, with every form of camping in between. There is plenty of space, bands from wednesday through till the wee hours of sunday morning, food and other vendors of all sorts. Many bring their own intoxicants, and the Little Orleans Fire Department sells beer inside the grounds. There are a lot of nice bikes that show up. And it's been a friendly crowd that I've been around there, I've never seen any fighting.

The local campground, Little Orleans Campground, is very close by for anyone that wants to stay somewhere else. Also, a lot of local places, like the Belle Grove gas station and the High Octane Bar at the BP station, both right off of Rt 68, host bands and vendors of all sorts that weekend. Bill's is the closest bar, and always a great place to stop in for a cold one. Point Lookout is worth the short ride in to the forest, as it looks in to George Washington's horseshoe curve in West Virginia.

The festival grounds can get VERY hot out in the sun, staying hydrated is important.

If you go, I'd suggest a LOT of beads, and a camera, as the beads are currency for a lot of partial, and some full nudity.

One of the highlights is a bike demo derby. Also, just walking through the whole grounds people watching and making new friends can be VERY interesting.

It does get pretty full by the weekend, so if you want to camp in the main area, it helps to get there wednesday or thursday. But you can even have a lot of fun just by making a day trip out of it.

Of course it's a bike fest, so there are a lot of bike on the roads around there. With a lot of twisty mountain roads, the heavy police presence on the local roads that weekend seem to keep the speeds down just a bit.

It seems like a good idea to buy a place away from people that has water access and just have fun there.

Check. I saw you mentioned about floating from Bond's in another thread, you float right by my place. Ever see the blue boat? That's mine. If you see anyone there in tubes, stop by for a cold one and ask for Buck.

I am in the area often, as I have a place in Green Ridge, but will miss this year. See everyone next year. Have a beer for me. :)

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I have some friends up there the Shipleys . Its a nice area Bills is great Little Orleans campground is filled with alot of people from the Dundalk Edgemere area. Its pretty much a drunkfest.

Ultimate Member
    Apple Mountain is private property that once a year in August turns in to a biker, music, and titty festival, with several thousand bikes, and people camping out and having fun for the several days of East Coast Sturgis. Some ride thier bikes and camp with just what they can carry, others haul big campers in, with every form of camping in between. There is plenty of space, bands from wednesday through till the wee hours of sunday morning, food and other vendors of all sorts. Many bring their own intoxicants, and the Little Orleans Fire Department sells beer inside the grounds. There are a lot of nice bikes that show up. And it's been a friendly crowd that I've been around there, I've never seen any fighting.

The local campground, Little Orleans Campground, is very close by for anyone that wants to stay somewhere else. Also, a lot of local places, like the Belle Grove gas station and the High Octane Bar at the BP station, both right off of Rt 68, host bands and vendors of all sorts that weekend. Bill's is the closest bar, and always a great place to stop in for a cold one. Point Lookout is worth the short ride in to the forest, as it looks in to George Washington's horseshoe curve in West Virginia.

The festival grounds can get VERY hot out in the sun, staying hydrated is important.

If you go, I'd suggest a LOT of beads, and a camera, as the beads are currency for a lot of partial, and some full nudity.

One of the highlights is a bike demo derby. Also, just walking through the whole grounds people watching and making new friends can be VERY interesting.

It does get pretty full by the weekend, so if you want to camp in the main area, it helps to get there wednesday or thursday. But you can even have a lot of fun just by making a day trip out of it.

Of course it's a bike fest, so there are a lot of bike on the roads around there. With a lot of twisty mountain roads, the heavy police presence on the local roads that weekend seem to keep the speeds down just a bit.

Check. I saw you mentioned about floating from Bond's in another thread, you float right by my place. Ever see the blue boat? That's mine. If you see anyone there in tubes, stop by for a cold one and ask for Buck.

I am in the area often, as I have a place in Green Ridge, but will miss this year. See everyone next year. Have a beer for me. :)

thanks that was very informative. I am heading up to Greenridge and surrounding areas this weekend and a few in August. My goal is to walk into the woods for a few hours and find nice rock faces to climb using top rope or trad. Then I want to post up my routes on www.rockclimbing.com for MD since there is nothing posted there. When I get tired, I end up going to Bill's or somewhere else on the Potomac and hanging out.

I'll try to look for your place if I go by. What did you mean by a heavy police presence? There are 75,000 people in the county and I've never seen LEO aside from park ranger / DNR. Do they bring in the MSP?

That is cool you have a place, I'd love to get something out there one day. I don't recall seeing a blue boat. I'm not too good at planning trips so I end up out on the river at night sometimes. I've launched from Bond's and PawPaw.

Last edited:

Ultimate Member
    We are heading up on the 10th. Staying about 16 miles away at a different campground. Great time. Adults only.

I was up around there recently and got to meet some bikers. They are all good guys and enjoying their rides through the scenic area, but I would not go to Apple Mountain with the "bikers" since at least 80% of them were still rocking their obama '08 stickers. Nice places, but I can't be hanging around a bunch of obama loving bikers. I hope they're not working on the obama 2012 campaign up there this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom