• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    Your not allowed to shoot from prone and probably sitting positions at NESF.

I was trying to practice for an appleseed this morning and was told that I was not allowed to shoot prone.

I was probably not allowed to shoot from siting either but I had already done it when I got caught trying to go prone.

THe RSO could not tell me WHY and said he was told to not let people shoot prone.

It's not in posted rules anywhere about not being allowed to shoot prone.

Larry

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Your not allowed to shoot from prone and probably sitting positions at NESF.

I was trying to practice for an appleseed this morning and was told that I was not allowed to shoot prone.

I was probably not allowed to shoot from siting either but I had already done it when I got caught trying to go prone.

THe RSO could not tell me WHY and said he was told to not let people shoot prone.

It's not in posted rules anywhere about not being allowed to shoot prone.

Larry

I am not familiar with this range but have has a similar problem at a different range. At this range, the targets were only at a height for standing shooting. They advised that if you were prone, the round trajectory could take them over the backstop.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I am not familiar with this range but have has a similar problem at a different range. At this range, the targets were only at a height for standing shooting. They advised that if you were prone, the round trajectory could take them over the backstop.

This!

By shooting from the prone position you are effectively shooting "up" at your target, the flight of the bullet. You can run the risk of shooting over the backstop and having unintended results.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    This!

By shooting from the prone position you are effectively shooting "up" at your target, the flight of the bullet. You can run the risk of shooting over the backstop and having unintended results.

Not at NESF

GDGeorge

Jul 19, 2012
    PG County, MD
    At the range safety brief for Berwyn they showed that in order to shoot prone on the 100yd range you have to place two. 2x12s across in front of the firing line. I believe that it's to prevent any possibility of shooting over the berm.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    I guess I should have come back here sooner.
    I found out the why the other day.
    They have 4' target rule and unless your frames is way out at the end your bullets go into the baffles causing damage.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    At the range safety brief for Berwyn they showed that in order to shoot prone on the 100yd range you have to place two. 2x12s across in front of the firing line. I believe that it's to prevent any possibility of shooting over the berm.

This is what I was going to post. Berwyn lets you shoot prone, but the 2x12's make up for the gap created from that angle. I think it's a little silly, no responsible person would intentionally aim up in the air and shoot; if they were that irresponsible, they wouldn't need to go to a private range to do something so stupid.

Anyhow, this is the rule at Berwyn, and it keeps them in accordance with the range design so I have no issue with it.

Anyone coming to the the gun friendly flea-market?

A "Hunter" Flea Market will be held on August 11, 2012, from 8am to 12 pm on the parking lot of The Bank Shot Bar & Grill, 3249 Fort Meade Road. (1/4 mile up on the left from the entrance to Patuxent North Tract on Rte 198.)

You will be able to sell your new and used hunting items to include long guns and bows. We have limited tables that we could provide but you are more than welcome to bring your own. Please RSVP to the MNHA website, President’s mail box (president@mnha.net) if you plan on participating so we can get an idea how many of our members want to participate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom