Does anyone local have a CZ or universal sight pusher I can use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    I have a CZ 75 P-07 that I need to adjust the rear sight on and I really don't have $100+ to spend on a sight pusher right now. Especially for one pistol and one adjustment. It is a tritium night sight so I can't just use a brass punch and hammer.

Does anyone local or semi local to Lothian have a CZ 75 or universal sight pusher that I can meet you one evening this week and use it for 5-10 minutes? I only need to center the sight on the slide right now, not sight the pistol in, so it shouldn't take long.

I can bring a 6-pack for trade if that helps...

Thanks!

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    Could you "red neck" up a c-clamp to move it? I have never had to move a pistol sight like that before so not sure what would work, other than a tool neither of us own

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    Could you "red neck" up a c-clamp to move it? I have never had to move a pistol sight like that before so not sure what would work, other than a tool neither of us own

That's not a bad idea, I've got plenty of assorted sized c-clamps, a vice with padded jaws and blocks of wood...I'll see what I can come up with that doesn't seem to have a 60% or above chance of screwing something up.

Thanks, I'll post back if I come up with something.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    If they have aftermarket sites, 2/3 of the guns or sites for sale on the czforum have booger marks from the owner's installation of those sites.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    If you provide the replacement Trijicon night sights for when the vials in these shatter from the hammer and punch, I'll go that route.
    If your sights shatter from a hammer and punch, you're either an idiot who shouldnt be installing them in the first place, or they aren't fit for service on a defensive handgun. Ever drop your weapon on concrete? They should stand up to a couple of taps to set them straight.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    If your sights shatter from a hammer and punch, you're either an idiot who shouldnt be installing them in the first place, or they aren't fit for service on a defensive handgun. Ever drop your weapon on concrete? They should stand up to a couple of taps to set them straight.

Even though the manufacturer and EVERY other reliable source says otherwise...thanks for your post.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD

I stand corrected. When talking to the gunsmith I asked to do this adjustment, he told me that he no longer uses a sight pusher. Just a brass punch and a decent sized hammer. He puts the slide in a vice with wood padded jaws. He said as long as I was careful that it shouldn't be an issue for me to do it myself.

I adjusted them myself with the punch like you suggested earlier. It worked fine and the vials are still intact. You were right.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I stand corrected. When talking to the gunsmith I asked to do this adjustment, he told me that he no longer uses a sight pusher. Just a brass punch and a decent sized hammer. He puts the slide in a vice with wood padded jaws. He said as long as I was careful that it shouldn't be an issue for me to do it myself.

I adjusted them myself with the punch like you suggested earlier. It worked fine and the vials are still intact. You were right.

Glad to hear you got taken care of. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom