Does the AWB Discourage you from Gun Ownership?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Does the impending/thread of AWB Discourage you from Gun Ownership?

• Yes, its not worth fighting anymore.

Votes: 3 2.5%
    • Undecided and Unsure but leaning about walking away.

Votes: 10 8.3%
    • Molon Labe

Votes: 108 89.3%

• Total voters

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    Absolutely not giving up the fight to prevent further encroachment on our rights, and restore rights already lost.

But...I wont buy another firearm as long as I live in MD. For the record, I will only be living here for about a year and a half.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Today is February 4, 2013 There is no Assault Weapons Ban.

It's business as usual for me.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    My uncle is a collector of WWII and WWI guns. His main love is bolt actions. Assuming licensing and an AWB passes he will probably get rid of his pistols and "AW's".

Bolt actions are his main love.

That said he is pissed about the legislation and doing his part to stop it.

Me? My rifles and pistols are not going anywhere....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am now MORE likely to buy particular types of firearms. I already have 3 AR's and a stripped lower in the safe. The prospect of not being able to get one in the future prompted me to buy 2 more Engage stripped lowers for possible future projects. Do I need 6 AR's? Probably not. I may never complete builds on all of them, but at least I have them.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    No Option needed?

No - it does not discourage me from gun ownership. As I have none and hope to someday I am sure that the wellspring of concern of people in our country will stop this madness and I will be able to walk into anyplace, carrying a weapon, and purchase ammo or a weapon without being looked at like a pariah.

WTF - oh, i was in a dream...
    Oh never mind. ;)

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    The threat of an AWB did not discourage me. What discouraged me was the panic buying that drove prices up to crazy levels. I would have bought a few more AR rifles if prices stayed normal.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    The threat of an AWB did not discourage me. What discouraged me was the panic buying that drove prices up to crazy levels. I would have bought a few more AR rifles if prices stayed normal.

.This

But deals are still out there if you are patient and look. I've added 5 new firearms in the last 30 days.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I am discouraged but only because I own enough "pieces" to arm two full Infantry platoons, and I am determined not to part with any regulated firearm or to register it. Hopefully, SB 0281 can be derailed. I've been involved in the shooting sports for over 60 years and never once thought we'd see this day!

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    I have had to laugh in the face of dozens of friends co-workers and aquaintneces who now, after YEARS of peddling my wares, inviting people to shoot, and generally trying everything to bring more people to our side with only occasional sucess, NOW everyone wants me to build them an AR:lol2:

Funny how that happens, parts, tough... Some people are just begenning to wake up, in the bottom of the 9th.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Well sh!t, you're right. I think we should all just give up on this "experiment" called America, use the Constitution as kindling and call up Ahamadenijad for ideas on a new Islamic republic.

Unlike our politicians, when I took MY oath upon entering the Army, I meant it and it doesn't have an expiration date. Yes, I get people who think I'm delusional (including some in my own family) but at Texas A&M we have a saying "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking in, you can't explain it."

Even if they end up taking them, I will not stop fighting for freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom