• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh2000

Jul 1, 2013
    Delaware
    Reply from Donna Edwards.

What do you think?

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you and people in the great State of Maryland.

Since our founding, the United States has been a country of immigrants. We have always opened our arms to those seeking a better way of life, and our diversity has created a rich social fabric that unites us. Unfortunately, our current immigration system - last overhauled comprehensively in 1986 under President Reagan - does not reflect the 21st century world we live in or the positive role that immigrants play in our society. Our immigration system is broken and, as a result, more than 11 million undocumented people live in the shadows of our society as second-class citizens.

Some believe undocumented immigrants have no place in our communities and that mass deportations will solve our immigration problem. I do not. I do agree that people who have made unauthorized entries into the country should be held accountable. However, it is an American imperative that comprehensive reform of our system is done in a way that stops unauthorized entries and allows undocumented immigrants to come out of the shadows and into a pathway to citizenship.

I am encouraged by the consensus that has developed on comprehensive immigration reform around the nation and here in Washington as bipartisan groups of my House and Senate colleagues work together to reach an agreement. In the Senate, S. 744, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act passed by a vote of 68-32 with 14 Republican Senators voting in favor of the bill.

I am a cosponsor of the House version of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act because it increases border security, provides a pathway to citizenship for the 11 million undocumented workers already in the country, establishes an electronic employment verification system to prevent employers from hiring unauthorized workers, and makes necessary improvements to our legal immigration system. I recently signed a discharge petition which would discharge the House Committees from further consideration of H.R. 15 and bring it directly to the floor for consideration.

As we continue to consider comprehensive immigration reform in Washington, I will be sure to keep your comments in mind. We must remember that America is a nation of immigrants, and that we are strengthened when we allow people from all across the world to come here and become productive members of our society. Immigration enhances our country; it strengthens our small business community, expands our tax base, and diversifies our outlook – undoubtedly, immigration is good for America.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to contact me. I hope you will continue to stay in close touch, so that I might benefit from your thoughts and perspective. For more information about my work for the 4th Congressional District of Maryland or to subscribe to periodic e-mail updates on legislative issues, please visit my website

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Donna needs to understand that she was put in her seat to do what her constituents want her to do.
    Not what Donna wants, And that's what would be in my response to her.

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Most of her constituents want amnesty, more of her district is minorities
    I think when the blacks that need assistance feel they are being squeezed out of benefits by the illegals they may wake up. Michael Savage was talking about this same issue this afternoon.
    Hopefully they don't bring truckloads of the illegal kids to Baltimore as initially planned.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Donna needs to understand that she was put in her seat to do what her constituents want her to do.
    Not what Donna wants, And that's what would be in my response to her.

Do you know how she got into her current position?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    However, it is an American imperative that comprehensive reform of our system is done in a way that stops unauthorized entries and allows undocumented immigrants to come out of the shadows and into a pathway to citizenship.

********, do on to Mexico and any other ******** country as they do onto us. :mad54: I'll let 5 illegal son of a bitches stay for 1 captive Marine.

Now if the new chimp grew some balls...............

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    She won a special election to get her seat and in 2008 she won the election with 85% of the vote.

What does any of this have to do with illegals ?

She ousted a sitting democrat who was deemed not to be "liberal" (progressive) enough. She was heavily supported by progressive groups. Point is that what she is doing is apparently what the majority of her constituents want.

What kind of results would you expect from the largest black congressional district?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread Revival ...

HotAir.com -
    Maryland Democrat pinpoints Baltimore’s problem: Wealth hasn’t been spread around enough

On Sunday, Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace confronted a Maryland Democrat with the failures of America’s Democrat-dominated urban centers. And not just any Democrat. Wallace sat down across from Rep. Donna Edwards, a progressive Democrat who is running against fellow Maryland Democrat and chosen successor to Sen. Barbara Mikulski, Rep. Chris Van Hollen, for an open U.S. Senate seat in the Old Line State.

A GOP governor in office for four months prior to this latest outbreak of unrest is clearly to blame.

That didn’t stop Edwards from arguing that more spending and wealth redistribution – e.g. the Democratic platform – is the only cure for what ails Baltimore.

When Wallace noted that Baltimore spends the third highest amount per capita on its public schools “and the schools were still lousy,” Edwards declined to speculate on where that money was going. She merely asserted that it had been improperly allocated.

Improperly allocated ??? To whom and for what ??? And if she knows the answers, didn't she just admit to misappropriation of funds ?

And this twit of a Congresswoman wants to take Mikulski's Senate seat ? Chris Wallace needs to have her back on again, just for the entertainment value.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    "Expands our tax base".

LOL- I guess she missed the fact that we (the tax payers) will owe three years of earned income "tax credits" worth about $35,000 to each family who snuck in. Talk about perverse incentives! When they say the law breakers have to "come forward, get right with the law and pay their taxes" they mean "collect their lotto winnings and register as democrats, you fools".

And as Romney pointed out, the bottom 48% or so pay zero to negative annual income tax rates. I have a hard time believing that Uncle Sam is collecting MORE tax revenue from the type of mass- legalization that she endorses.

PS- my grand parents were immigrants. I'm 100% in favor of legal immigration at the consent of the citizens.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    HotAir.com -
    Maryland Democrat pinpoints Baltimore’s problem: Wealth hasn’t been spread around enough

Improperly allocated ??? To whom and for what ??? And if she knows the answers, didn't she just admit to misappropriation of funds ?

And this twit of a Congresswoman wants to take Mikulski's Senate seat ? Chris Wallace needs to have her back on again, just for the entertainment value.

She also quoted something she heard from a student then stated it as if it was a fact. Did she go to the school to look at the books? At the end of the day the Democrats are to blame and they don't want to except it.

Drakos

Outta Control
    Dec 25, 2010
    I don't get it...no matter the locality, black unemployment is insanely high yet these politicos still favor bringing in more illegal labor...same with the unions, the rank and file may not support amnesty, but the leadership sure does and spends organization's money making it happen.

When will these folks wake up? Their leaders can parade around saying the support their constituents but actions are geeater than words...who do they really support?

I am an old, white, professional, my job is not threatened by illegal immigration or amnesty, I should not care half as much as a black kid in America or a union tradesman that the Dems are importing the guys that are going to take my job.

How do we get these people to Wake the Heck up? Their leaders are selling them out...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Don't forget her District has substantial numbers of said undocumented Aliens also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom