• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    Our failure was promoting gun ownership and conservatism when we should have been challenging O'Malley's broken record "common sense-safety" rhetoric. The MGA doesn't care about rights they don't believe in, and people who are on the fence don't care about rights that they believe are a danger.

Maryland will be just as dangerous as it was before. O'Malley will nonetheless play the hero, and be seen as one, because our side made the debate a question of rights instead of safety. It should have been enough to point to Columbine and VA Tech as examples of what happens with 10 round mags and non-banned guns -- the same thing that happens with standard cap mags and assault weapons.

O'Malley's victory is only as good as people's belief in his law working. The law is a sham, and we have almost lost our chance to show it.

I think those points were made multiple times during all the testimony, it just fell on deaf ears. We were outnumbered from the get-go, and these people don't care about the truth or facts- they don't like guns, and they don't like shooters. In fact they think we are mentally defective somehow. The only way to beat them is to elect our own people to replace them.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    As I start this, I am sure that the House is voting 281 through. I've been catching up on the thread and getting mad like everyone else here. Then I though about something. It's my fault! That's right, MINE! I could probably share some blame, but I'm not going to get mad at the MD. GOV. They are Democrats doing what Democrats do. Sure, I've written a few emails and made a few phone calls these last couple of months, but who cares? I don't think I would if I were them. They have been elected and re-elected doing what they do. They have seen that the Pro2A movement in MD. doesn't have any teeth. About 100 people at the Concealed Carry Rally last year and the year before that, right? Not real scary.
    I do believe that a movement has started in Maryland. But phone calls and emails don't have any bite until we back it up. Unfortunately, we have to wait until 2014 to do that.
    So here is what I'm going till then:
    1. Contact our supporters in the House and Senate and thank them. Imagine being in their shoes and having to debate these people. They could probably use some encouragement.
    2. I'm already on Facebook, but I'm going to join Twitter to spread the good word. I had 3 friends on FB, from Florida, Oregon, and Ohio post a link to the video of the MD House Joint Committee re-vote from Friday. Word can get around on the social media.
    3. Join MSI, SAF
    4. Take new shooters to the range.
    5. Buy 2 more F*** You O'malley guns before October.
    6. When elections come around, I'm going to take in active part.

What I'm not going to do is move. If you don't think that this can happen in any state you are wrong. Just ask Colorado. Liberals ruin their own homes, and then move into yours. Then ruin that one. We have to take a stand. Not just for your 2A right either.

What else can be done? Work for 2014 starts now.

I'm with you and love everything you said. However you did say one thing that I have to ask you about. In #6 you said, "When elections come around, I'm going to take in active part."

And my question is; the way you say it, it sounds like you will be taking your active part for the first time. Is this true? I hope not. But if it is not true for you that's great., However is true for way to many gun owners. Or just Marylander's in general. And that's why we are loosing our rights. Now I love how your all fired up as well as how many are fired up. But these wounds are fresh so it is easy to be fired us right now. But will you and others to the right thing and still be fired up Nov 2014 is the question?

In a thread just yesterday someone already said that they would not bother to vote just because they live in MOCO. That is the very reason you have to bother. I don't care if someone is the only person in their entire county that cars about 2A, they need to get out and vote.

Everyone that has an excuse of why they do not or did not vote in any election is more part of the problem then these dirty rat Dem's that voted for the bill.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    Since Maryland is not my birth place, I am not use to this one party rule state. I am originally from PA. Most people think PA is a Liberal state, It really isn't. In PA you have a balance of Republicans and Democrates(Philly tips the scale sometimes). What people don't want to acknowledge is that Democrats have their own Tea Party, they are political flower children. Fienstien, Biden, Bloomberg, etc. These people have some nerve to say that the constitution is a 200+ year old out dated document when it suits their cause. However, they want to change the constitution to how they see fit in the new 2016 constitution. All of these people need to be tried for treason. I applaud those who are going to dig in and fight, I know this state has allow uneducated scum to rule. I can't not stand it anymore, I see what this state will become in 5 years. The Chicago style of crimminality will be state wide in less then half a decade. When the libertards are looking to blame someone, all they need to do is look into the mirror. For African Americans say that the NRA is the new Klu Klux Klan, is crazy. If it wasn't for the NRA going to the racist south and starting chapters so Black could own guns to protect themselves, Jim Crow would still be alive and well. The main group we need to fight is the media. They are the true demon on the shoulder of American whispering lies in her ear.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    These people have some nerve to say that the constitution is a 200+ year old out dated document when it suits their cause. However, they want to change the constitution to how they see fit in the new 2016 constitution. All of these people need to be tried for treason. I applaud those who are going to dig in and fight, I know this state has allow uneducated scum to rule.

^ This! When legislators state on the floor of the MD House that "there is no such thing as an inalienable right" then the problem starts with the constitution. You can't fix stupid. You can only get them out of office.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Sorry, but a bunch of politicians who were elected to represent their constituents decided to side with the governor and the Kenyan and chief instead. They have dissembled to get their point across, used public funds to support their side in a public debate and brought in celeb carpet baggers. They did this for political brownie points, not for "the children" not for "public safety" and they didn't care if thousands of Marylanders lose their jobs and get dumped into an already crappy economy.

Yeah, I think I can get mad.

No, I didn't attend a CCW rally, I'm not againist it, it's just not as high on my agenda as other firearms rights issues. Yes, I gave money to MSI, NRA ILA and individual 2A candidates in Maryland and other states as far away as La, and yes I did that long before Sandy Hook.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I think those points were made multiple times during all the testimony, it just fell on deaf ears. We were outnumbered from the get-go, and these people don't care about the truth or facts- they don't like guns, and they don't like shooters. In fact they think we are mentally defective somehow. The only way to beat them is to elect our own people to replace them.

^ This! When legislators state on the floor of the MD House that "there is no such thing as an inalienable right" then the problem starts with the constitution. You can't fix stupid. You can only get them out of office.

These legislators are not the problem. The problem is the 100,000's of Marylanders to lazy to go and vote on election day that keeps them from being voted out of office.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Sorry, but a bunch of politicians who were elected to represent their constituents decided to side with the governor and the Kenyan and chief instead. They have dissembled to get their point across, used public funds to support their side in a public debate and brought in celeb carpet baggers. They did this for political brownie points, not for "the children" not for "public safety" and they didn't care if thousands of Marylanders lose their jobs and get dumped into an already crappy economy.

Yeah, I think I can get mad.

No, I didn't attend a CCW rally, I'm not againist it, it's just not as high on my agenda as other firearms rights issues. Yes, I gave money to MSI, NRA ILA and individual 2A candidates in Maryland and other states as far away as La, and yes I did that long before Sandy Hook.

And because your that kind of person I'm sure you make the effort and vote. But we somehow need to get others to go and vote when it really counts. ELECTION DAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom