Don't THINK ANNAPOLIS DOESN'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Are people surprised by this? Legal or not. Surprised it was broadcast over the air though.

I'm sure the government has made lists of people buying parts kits, 80% lowers etc. as well.

They've been tracking on-line stores and credit card purchases for years.

Again, it's too easy not to have someone's voyeuristic wet dream satisfied.

Gives a better understanding of why so many people want to see a cashless society.

Cuzz you can't track a cash based transaction.

PS: This is why the MGA is pushing SB0948/HB1448/Secondary Long Gun Transfer so hard. Day jus gotsta know what we has.

Mr H

Banana'd
    They've been tracking on-line stores and credit card purchases for years.

Again, it's too easy not to have someone's voyeuristic wet dream satisfied.

Gives a better understanding of why so many people want to see a cashless society.

Cuzz you can't track a face-to-face cash based transaction.

PS: This is why the MGA is pushing SB0948/HB1448/Secondary Long Gun Transfer so hard. Day jus gotsta know what we has.

point of clarification, above, for 'current state'...

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It's odd though..After my father retired from the PD he went to work as a 911 operator/dispatcher. One day he brought me a print out of every firearm I owned at the time...Now I was in the military for 6 years and stationed at various places in the country and purchased firearms in every state I was ever stationed..and although it was a Maryland report every one of those guns was on that list...From Illinois, California, Mississippi, Florida and South Carolina..So i'm not sure that the federal government isn't providing information...

And you're right...6 years in the PD myself and I never heard a dispatcher read a list like that over the air...but there is was...for the entire world to hear...

I have no idea how anyone would get that info. Not doubting you I just have no idea. And a central records and teletype section used to be part of my command for years, though not with the state. The 4473 gun info never even makes it to the feds unless there is an issue or the dealer goes out of business and sends in his bound books. And even then congress has prohibited DOJ from using the OOB records for a database.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Interesting question would be if the long guns have always been there, or if that is another "benefit" of the HQL. Another question of course, would be who is keeping the long term records on the long guns? We "know" the Feds aren't supposed to do that. :liar:

I'd bet on DHS, as a "National Security" function. Or some such :bs:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'd bet on DHS, as a "National Security" function. Or some such :bs:

No doubt that such agencies have the data, but I question them giving it out to a county patrolman on a traffic stop. It would lead to too many questions about where and how the data was sourced. As Ben Franklin said, two can keep a secret providing one is dead.

mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    I have no idea how anyone would get that info. Not doubting you I just have no idea. And a central records and teletype section used to be part of my command for years, though not with the state. The 4473 gun info never even makes it to the feds unless there is an issue or the dealer goes out of business and sends in his bound books. And even then congress has prohibited DOJ from using the OOB records for a database.

Its called Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center. They hoover all info that is accessible from other states. Remember the FL CCW guy that got pulled over at the Ft. Mac tunnel?

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=143020&highlight=Maryland+Coordination+Analysis+Center

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Its called Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center. They hoover all info that is accessible from other states. Remember the FL CCW guy that got pulled over at the Ft. Mac tunnel?

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=143020&highlight=Maryland+Coordination+Analysis+Center

I'm familiar with MCAC. No offense but I've never seen anything to substantiate that they are either pulling or sharing state carry license info and most of what I read in the stories about that incident sounds like tinfoil nonsense to me. I'd love to have a video of what actually happened during that traffic stop.

In any case back to the OP's original question and we are talking about different info that mostly isn't in any database anywhere, paper 4473's done on long guns in states without gun registration. If there's a secret way in MILES somewhere to look up 4473 info from other states, nobody ever shared it with me. And I think they would have.

I'm wondering if somehow the info came from base registration records if the OP was required to register his guns on post.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Buy 80% lowers with CASH at gun shows and build all the guns you want, no government involvement required.
    It's kind of hard to put a gun on some registration list when it doesn't have a serial number!

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    My concern here is that if the state has consolidated electronic lists, its only a matter of time until it is hacked and made public on the internet.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It's funny this thread pops up now. I bought a Glock 19 g2 last week and the guy emailed me asking how I liked it. I told him I can't get it until tomorrow. We've been passing emails back and forth and I think this guy was going nuts reading all of the limitations we have in Maryland. He was actually funny with his comments. I shed a tear after each and every one.

It sucks being stuck in this state.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    How many FFL's required non regulated firearms to be treated at such until the letter stating "copy cats" in caliber only weren't regulated. So yeah there might be a few .22's rifles that were considered regulated incorrectly just like the S-12's and a bunch of others were sold improperly.

There isn't a database that a local jurisdiction has at their finger tips to see every non regulated or regulated firearm bought outside of MD. Sounds great in tin foil ville but it just doesn't exist. Sure some .gov agency somewhere might have a database of every firearm sold but many FFL's say no and no one has provided an actual case where it has come up. Yes the police in MD has access to regulated firearms that have been transferred legally and reported to MSP as such.

Without hearing the radio transmission it's far more likely the officer was running several firearms to determine if they were stolen and that's what you heard. The firearm mark, model, caliber, and serial number being read off by the officer to the dispatcher to check if they were stolen. A bit more likely.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It's funny this thread pops up now. I bought a Glock 19 g2 last week and the guy emailed me asking how I liked it. I told him I can't get it until tomorrow. We've been passing emails back and forth and I think this guy was going nuts reading all of the limitations we have in Maryland. He was actually funny with his comments. I shed a tear after each and every one.

It sucks being stuck in this state.

The different looks I've gotten from folks down here when I explain what I came from are priceless. :D

GymRatz

Ultimate Member
    Sep 14, 2016
    St. Mary's
    If you buy more the one handgun with in 5 days we have to report a multiple firearm sale. And if you are a boarder state it applies to rifles. So in those cases they have model serial# name address ect. There are three copies that go out one to the atf, state and other kept of FFL file...

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Buy 80% lowers with CASH at gun shows and build all the guns you want, no government involvement required.
    It's kind of hard to put a gun on some registration list when it doesn't have a serial number!

The same goes for face-to-face long gun sales (for now), antique fire arms (for now), and black-powder firearms (with conversion cylinders)... (for now).

We all need to work to defeat the bills that would require long gun transfers to go through FFLs and treat antiques/black powder as modern firearms.... make no mistake, the end goal is to have everything traceable, no exceptions.

:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom