• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I am sure he is mad. He is probably thinking "Why the heck are we still inside?"
    Precisely!! :lol2:

We went out, hotter than hell, but at least there was a breeze.. I didn't get any good action pics, as I was single handing the dog, gun and camera, but we had a blast over on the Sho sweatin and shootin them fast flying birds. The breeze was either a blessing or a curse, depending on the direction of the birds, but we managed to scrape out a limit in a few hours.

Freestyle did great, tho it was tough for him to scent the birds in cover with that heat, if they were crips, he was on em in a cloud of dust! :party29:

A couple pics.. hidin in the shade of the corn and he found a puddle.. nothing more than a tractor track that had accumulated some rain and mud, but it was heaven for him yesterday... :lol2::lol2:

IMG_1466_zpsc2375ac2.jpg

DSC01225_zpsa56bd602.jpg

IMG_1467_zps0f29693f.jpg

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Precisely!! :lol2:

We went out, hotter than hell, but at least there was a breeze.. I didn't get any good action pics, as I was single handing the dog, gun and camera, but we had a blast over on the Sho sweatin and shootin them fast flying birds. The breeze was either a blessing or a curse, depending on the direction of the birds, but we managed to scrape out a limit in a few hours.

Freestyle did great, tho it was tough for him to scent the birds in cover with that heat, if they were crips, he was on em in a cloud of dust! :party29:

A couple pics.. hidin in the shade of the corn and he found a puddle.. nothing more than a tractor track that had accumulated some rain and mud, but it was heaven for him yesterday... :lol2::lol2:

IMG_1466_zpsc2375ac2.jpg

DSC01225_zpsa56bd602.jpg

IMG_1467_zps0f29693f.jpg

Where did you go?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Where did you go?
    I was hunting private land on the Eastern shore just outside of St Michaels. I have a couple of spots, the other is between New Market and Secretary, may hunt that one this weekend if the birds are cooperating.. ;)

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    I've been sitting out since about 3:30. Had 3 pass over the field, but not within decent range. Im being fairly picky with my shooting.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I have yet to get out cause both of my kids have been sick back to Balkans it's killing me to read this thread. But on the bright side my son is feeling better today and I get off work at noon the rest of the week. Just may make it out one day this week but with my luck I will get what they had.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I do dog training there, but not sure about dove shooting... never really looked into it there..

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    Has anyone hunted dove at McKee-Beshers WMA in Montgomery Co?

I was out there with some buddies on opening day. There were definitely doves to be had, but my shot is not something to be desired...This year it seems like they mostly have soy fields, but there is a mix of that and sunflower. I entered from the north(west?) side of hunting quarter.

jmitche4

Jan 25, 2012
    Went out in Glen Arm yesterday and shot 22 with a buddy! They were flying great, if we had a few more guns we would have easily killed 40!

Attachments

• Doves.jpg
      Doves.jpg
      91.9 KB · Views: 123

Colorado

Jul 9, 2014
    Dove hunting is the best!

I also grew up on doves. Just moved to MD and I'm itching to get out. Anybody know of public land where I can try for some doves? I am thinking about trying the Meade Pautuxent reserve area.
    Doves are worth the effort, for eating and for when you are shooting expensive waterfowl ammo and even ducks seem big and slow.

Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    I've never considered dove hunting and you guys have me itching to give it a shot (see what I did there?)... any special gear needed besides a shotgun? (what choke?) I'm going to try to research public land and see whats close to me (AA county)

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Modified or improved work fine. I'm in southern aa county and you can usually get permission from farmers. Since it's not a big ticket animal like geese or deer, it should be easy to fine one who will let you sit and shoot em.

Colorado

Jul 9, 2014
    Patuxent Reserve by Meade

I went out after work to check out the refuge. Not hot action but I did go one for two. Saw lots of deer and a red fox. The refuge seems like a pretty great public hunting area considering how close it is to so much city type land. Gonna try again tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom