• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    In the market for an AR-10. Seems to be good availability of DPMS, I have heard some not so great things. Does anyone have any experience with DPMS or insight ?

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    i saw one at On Target for 2400 (tax included)... too much for a DPMS imo....

i'm in the market too... it was cash and carry... but i couldn't justify it.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Bart's couple weeks ago had 2 if I remember correctly for a lot less. Few around online for ton less as well.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I wouldn't do it. I have an Armalite AR-10 and have had zero problems with it. On the other hand I know 2 people who have the DMPS AR-10 and have had nothing but problems with them. FTF, FTE, jam after jam. Both with factory ammo and hand rolled.

shooter53

Apr 9, 2013
    I bought mine on gunbroker ... a DPMS lr 308 24" heavy barrel and paid $1350 for it...it was cash and carry

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    I have a DPMS LR 243 and it is, by a long shot, hands down the most accurate factory rifle I have ever purchased. When I bought it all I did was sell the DPMS mags and buy PMags, nothing else, and it's been 100% reliable. Super impressed with mine...

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    The biggest issue with most DPMS LR308's seems to be the buffer system on the 16" barrel collapsible stock models. Easily correctable for around $100-$150 depending on which route you go.

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    I have a LR308 24" heavy barrel and the only issue i've gotten so far is some light primer strikes on a few of the malaysian milsurp rounds i have. And i'm also not a fan of the slick side upper, i prefer the ejection port cover and forward assist. But other then those gripes she's been good otherwise.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have a DPMS Recon 308 I picked up on a whim and have been very happy with it. It's well-equipped, for the money. In the pic below, it's bone stock, including the AAC suppressor adapter and Magpul furniture/BUIS. The only thing I changed was added a Timney 3lb trigger and an Eotech I had laying around. (and obviously the suppressor)

DPMSReconturned.jpg

Is it an LWRC or JP? Of course not, but it's also less than 1/2 the price. For a beater/truck gun, it's great.

TheSPkid

Sep 24, 2008
    Severna Park
    Go on youtube and search "Nutnfancy". He does a 50 minute review of the DPMS .308. I just picked one up last week but haven't taken it to the range. I've had DPMS rifles before and always have been extremely happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom