• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Went to the big WM off North Point Blvd tonight. Stood looking at the ammo locker and perused the rest of the aisle for a quarter of an hour or so while Mr. Really Busy behind the counter made a couple phone calls, then chatted with some younger employee while I waited to see if he'd bother to ask me if I needed help. He didn't, but I had my walker that has a folding seat, so I didn't get too fatigued.

Eventually he wandered close enough that I could get his attention and had him pull a 100 round box of Federal 230 grain FMJ out - $27.97, damn good compared to the Remington 100 round box at $98.00. There were two more boxes in there and I asked him if that was all they had, he said Yeah and he didn't know when they'd be getting more, so I had him haul those out too.

Total $95 and change for 300 rounds, compared to 1/3 that many for the inconsistent Remington stuff. Such a deal. :deal:

So now I have it all and no way to tell when they'll get more. It's okay, no need to thank me :irule:

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    Was it a larger older man? I talked to him last time and he said they get daily shipments of ammo in. I check every day/other day as I live right behind Drug City. I've gotten some great deals on Federal .45 and .223 100 round packs.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Was it a larger older man? I talked to him last time and he said they get daily shipments of ammo in. I check every day/other day as I live right behind Drug City. I've gotten some great deals on Federal .45 and .223 100 round packs.

Yeah, older guy (gray hair) with a beer gut. Friendly, but as I said not jumping out there to see if he could help me. I'd guess from what he told me that the Federal 100 round packs don't come in every day, but that could be a misunderstanding on my part. I'd be in there a lot more often but I can get pretty tired just hauling myself in from the parking lot and walking most of the length of the store to the sporting goods. Some day I'll have to start using those electric buggies.

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    Gotcha. I'm not sure if he meant in general or specific. I know I check every day or so and it's still 50/50

I went to three walmarts yesterday and all three had the .45 Federal 100 packs but I only found on 100 pack of federal .223

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom