Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I stopped by to take a look. (real busy) but they do look good. Nice work

Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    I just bought one of these today from you guys thinking it was an AK47. Where the hell do you find ammo for this thing? And mags?

Would it be possible to have you guys convert it to an AK47? How much would something like that cost? Thanks.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I just bought one of these today from you guys thinking it was an AK47. Where the hell do you find ammo for this thing? And mags?

Would it be possible to have you guys convert it to an AK47? How much would something like that cost? Thanks.

AK-74 ammo(5.45x39) is way cheaper than AK-47 ammo. For mags, buy out of state. Tapcos are decent and usually run ~$15. It can't be converted; different receivers.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    AK-74 ammo(5.45x39) is way cheaper than AK-47 ammo. For mags, buy out of state. Tapcos are decent and usually run ~$15. It can't be converted; different receivers.

Circle 10s! Don't use CRAPCO. :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Thank you for the heads up. Are the Tapco's ok though? I think I will have to go with the 10 rounders I find online. I don't really ever get time to go out of state and wouldnt know where to find them anyways.

I agree, but Circle 10s ain't cheap. I was just letting him know an affordable option exists.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008

Chantilly Va September 27, 28 & 29, 2013

You should be able to find everything you need.

FYI the Russian corrosive surplus ammo (no problem it is an AK) is the best 5.45 out there IMHO

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Thank you for this! I nearly puked when I realized I got a 74 instead of a 47.

74's are great, stock up on ammo while it' cheap. Andy was great and while I was there I also decided to pick up a lower as well. Great service, just know what you are buying for your own sake, but you are lucky as you certainly purchased a good rifle. They were busy but that is a great thing, good FU to SB281 and its unconstitutionality . Next time I get asked what my occupation is, I think fighter of SB281 will be my answer. :party29:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Next time I get asked what my occupation is, I think fighter of SB281 will be my answer. :party29:

The next time I answer the Form 4473 question 10a. Hispanic or Latino -OR- Not Hispanic or Latino, I think Ill give the same answer as always. Then, I'll take home a nice FU to the folks who care about the answer I give.

Tons of Guns

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Haha yes I should probably know what I am buying..SMH...I wasn't worried about not getting a great rifle though. I know those guys are great, I just got so excited to get an AK that all of the questions I meant to ask just kind of went out the window LOL.

Do you happen to know if stocks and other accessories such as pistol grips and rails are interchangable between AK47 and AK74s? I want to get a retractable stock, hogue pistol grip and some kind of rail for it. Thank you.

74's are great, stock up on ammo while it' cheap. Andy was great and while I was there I also decided to pick up a lower as well. Great service, just know what you are buying for your own sake, but you are lucky as you certainly purchased a good rifle. They were busy but that is a great thing, good FU to SB281 and its unconstitutionality . Next time I get asked what my occupation is, I think fighter of SB281 will be my answer. :party29:

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Ugh...that sucks. I already have an AR. That is why i wanted the 47 to have that heavier hitting round of the 7.62..oh well guess i will have to wait until whenever I move out of MD now lol.

Go look at the per round price difference of 5.45 vs. 5.56. (Look for the Russian 7N6 ammo in the spam cans.) It will greatly improve your mood. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom