• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vandy

Feb 27, 2007
    Churchton, MD
    Going to get in hunts on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning...hate it when the wife plans activities this time of year.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I just borrowed a Hawken muzzleloader to hunt this weekend. Ive never shot a muzzleloader before but figure its better then a bow lol. Good luck everyone.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I just borrowed a Hawken muzzleloader to hunt this weekend. Ive never shot a muzzleloader before but figure its better then a bow lol. Good luck everyone.

hopefully you got some training on it before you go out!:D good luck folks and be safe! I still remember the deer I killed out there in MD during ML season!:D

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    hopefully you got some training on it before you go out!:D good luck folks and be safe! I still remember the deer I killed out there in MD during ML season!:D

Yep I got the ins and outs of how to load, how to clean etc. I plan on putting a few shots through it today before tomorrow hunt.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Yep he said he always used 90 grains of pyrodex and a hornady sabot. I picked up some new winchester #11 caps yesterday as well. Its my friends fathers and his father built it from a kit a very long time ago and even blued the stock himself. So itll mean a lot if I can get my first deer with a firearm with this muzzleloader. He's pretty much been a father to me since I was 10-11yo and he got me into hunting.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    A lot of places have already stopped carrying it. Some BS about Fire marshall threats and new laws about storage. Must have been a bunch of cans self combusting.:sarcasm:

Osprey

Oct 27, 2011
    So how did everyone do? Pretty poor for me, no shooter bucks and even the does didn't cooperate during doe week. Had a good streak of four straight years with big bucks taken out of my ground blind on the early MZ weekend, but it's come to an end now, time to start a new streak next year.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    So how did everyone do? Pretty poor for me, no shooter bucks and even the does didn't cooperate during doe week. Had a good streak of four straight years with big bucks taken out of my ground blind on the early MZ weekend, but it's come to an end now, time to start a new streak next year.

Come to an end ? Man we still have 4 weeks of Muzzleloader season yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom