• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    Okay everyone, time to get signed up for the 1st Eastern Shore Rimfire Rally At Salisbury Gun Club.

This will be the first ever MARS Expedition Match ever held, and we will be offering doing the first Tactical Bench Rest Match of the 2024 season.

Sign up prior to 11/15/23 and receive a $10 discount off of match fees. Salisbury Gun Club is a new location featuring different, but stable props, and some of the longest shots for 2024.

Will you be taking home one of the 1st -3ird place MARS trophies, or the 1st-3ird place TBR trophies?

Who will be the first to take home the first ever ME Qualifier trophy?

ME bounty will be in place for the shooter who can bring their "A game" and best the top ME shooter. If the top ME shooter wins. He or she will take home the bounty prize.

Currently, the ME end of year payout pot is up to $6500 on its way to the $10k. The ME series will be paying the top 15 places at the end of the year. Don't miss out.

Registration and more information about the Eastern Shore Rimfire Rally and Modern American Rimfire Series please use the links below:

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    Come out and experience Positional or Bench Rest Shooting. It is a very friendly and fulfilling way to enjoy your rimfire rifle. Any rimfire with a first focal plane scope will work.
    Okay everyone, time to get signed up for the 1st Eastern Shore Rimfire Rally At Salisbury Gun Club.

This will be the first ever MARS Expedition Match ever held, and we will be offering doing the first Tactical Bench Rest Match of the 2024 season.

Sign up prior to 11/15/23 and receive a $10 discount off of match fees. Salisbury Gun Club is a new location featuring different, but stable props, and some of the longest shots for 2024.

Will you be taking home one of the 1st -3ird place MARS trophies, or the 1st-3ird place TBR trophies?

Who will be the first to take home the first ever ME Qualifier trophy?

ME bounty will be in place for the shooter who can bring their "A game" and best the top ME shooter. If the top ME shooter wins. He or she will take home the bounty prize.

Currently, the ME end of year payout pot is up to $6500 on its way to the $10k. The ME series will be paying the top 15 places at the end of the year. Don't miss out.

Registration and more information about the Eastern Shore Rimfire Rally and Modern American Rimfire Series please use the links below:

Attachments

• 25637.jpeg
      25637.jpeg
      14 KB · Views: 66
    • 25641.jpeg
      25641.jpeg
      26 KB · Views: 63
    • 25646.jpeg
      25646.jpeg
      20 KB · Views: 67
    • IMG_20230408_114850143.jpg
      IMG_20230408_114850143.jpg
      504.3 KB · Views: 66
    • IMG_20231007_150000652.jpg
      IMG_20231007_150000652.jpg
      328.5 KB · Views: 67
    • FB_IMG_1685984391673.jpg
      FB_IMG_1685984391673.jpg
      103.6 KB · Views: 61
    • FB_IMG_1685984268071.jpg
      FB_IMG_1685984268071.jpg
      100.6 KB · Views: 59
    • FB_IMG_1685984234991.jpg
      FB_IMG_1685984234991.jpg
      104.2 KB · Views: 58

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    I saw that. Looking forward to it. We are also have a match there on December 10th to train up the RO's and volunteers. If you're not busy, come on down.

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    It is a cash series within the Modern American Rimfire Series (MARS) for the more competitive shooters. There will be 9 MARS Expedition (ME) matches. Shooters competing in the ME series must shoot at least 3 matches to qualify for the end of the year prize pool that will cap at $10k. Shooters will get ME series points that are separate from regular MARS series points. ME points will be kept on a separate scoreboard on the MARS website. Prize pool will payout to the he top 15 ME shooters at the end of year finale. ME matches are still open to all shooters as a regular MARS precision match. Each ME match will have a bounty prize up for grabs. Any shooter, not competing in the ME series, that beats the top ME shooter will win the bounty prize. Prizes will be announced prior to the match and will be a scope, some piece of shooting gear, or a certificate for gear. If the winner of the match is a ME shooter they will take home the bounty prize. Every ME series shooter that wants to get ME points will give the match director $50 at the day of the match for the prize pool. At the end of the match the top ME series shooters will win 50%, 2nd place 30%, 3ird place 20%of the collected prize pool. Every ME match will also have a ME series trophy for the first place ME series shooter.

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    Not currently, it is hard enough to shoot targets with a scope. Our matches consist of 8 to 12 stages. Each stage has 1 to 12 targets at various distances that must be shot in a sequence described in the stage brief. Some matches have targets as close as 15 yards and targets may be out as far as 400+ yards. Shooters have 90 seconds to complete the stage and hit as many targets as they can. Regular MARS and ME series shooter must also move to various positions on a barricade to complete the target sequence. Tactical Benchrest shooters don't move and compl

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    Complete the sequence from the bench.

At Quantico MCBS this past weekend we had one stage that had a 18"x24" plate at 350 yards and a 24"x30" plate at 367 yards. We shot 2 round at 350 yard targets. Then 2 rounds at 367 yard target. Repeated the sequence for 12 rounds. The stage required little to no movement. It was shot off of a cable reel with about a 45 degree pan between targets. Most shooters were using between 18 to 22 mils or 55 to 75 moa to hit the targets. Target sizes vary depending on distance. Targets may be as small as 1/4" inside of 75 yards. Targets from 120 to 200 yards are typically 2" to 12" depending on distance and stability of the barricade. I am all for Kentucky windage, but I don't think even Bob Munden would be successful with iron sights. A scope really is a necessity.

That being said, the are some really affordable scopes on the market that work great for this sport. The Arken SH4 or EP5 are fantastic options.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Complete the sequence from the bench.

At Quantico MCBS this past weekend we had one stage that had a 18"x24" plate at 350 yards and a 24"x30" plate at 367 yards. We shot 2 round at 350 yard targets. Then 2 rounds at 367 yard target. Repeated the sequence for 12 rounds. The stage required little to no movement. It was shot off of a cable reel with about a 45 degree pan between targets. Most shooters were using between 18 to 22 mils or 55 to 75 moa to hit the targets. Target sizes vary depending on distance. Targets may be as small as 1/4" inside of 75 yards. Targets from 120 to 200 yards are typically 2" to 12" depending on distance and stability of the barricade. I am all for Kentucky windage, but I don't think even Bob Munden would be successful with iron sights. A scope really is a necessity.

That being said, the are some really affordable scopes on the market that work great for this sport. The Arken SH4 or EP5 are fantastic options.
    Thanks I'm still working regularly with my Parker Hale diopter and BSA Centurion at 200 with 4 moa targets at 200 from prone.
    Guess I'm out for running around twisting a scope knob against a timer down to Salisbury.
    Have fun down there and watch your speed on 50 going home!

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    Thanks I'm still working regularly with my Parker Hale diopter and BSA Centurion at 200 with 4 moa targets at 200 from prone.
    Guess I'm out for running around twisting a scope knob against a timer down to Salisbury.
    Have fun down there and watch your speed on 50 going home!
    Good luck to you as well. That is very impressive with an open style sight. If you ever want to give the tactical bench rest a try let me know. I do have loaner rifles for people to use.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Good luck to you as well. That is very impressive with an open style sight. If you ever want to give the tactical bench rest a try let me know. I do have loaner rifles for people to use.
    Thanks for the invite and the option for a loaner but it sounds like tactical 22 is out of my league.
    We can only go to 300 at our range and thats a long way if the lights not right.
    I didn't know Salisbury had a range to that extent over there.
    Sounds like a fun thing to do.
    I'm going to go back and look at the dates maybe I can check it out one day for something different.

Czguy

Jul 12, 2022
    Maryland
    We have gained permission to use the field across the road at Salisbury. Targets will be out to possibly 460 yards. Please also keep and eye out for the matches at Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club. I also run matches there most months. All of the matches are posted on practiscore.com and on the Modern American Rimfire Series site.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Doco - most local area MARS series Tactical BR matches, including Bridgeville DE and Quinton NJ (<not that far away), do not have targets past about 210 yards. With the Tactical BR, you sit at and shoot from a solid bench - no jumping around on "props". And big expensive scopes are NOT required, although FFP pretty much is. (Scopes can look bigger as the rifles are rimfires and are generally smaller than CF PRS rifles.) There are many $400-$600 FFP scopes that are perfectly competitive. Come on out to a match and check it out.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Bridgeville is right behind my office through that big Cornfield.
    We put a bunch of primary cable in for range improvements they did about 2 or three years ago.
    Some of the members to that range is who I built those Unertal sniper clones for. Maybe you know them.
    Maybe Ill come over and see what the matches are about and check the schedules. I see them here and have to do a better job studying them.
    Sounds like a great way to get into some modern gear and have some fun too.
    Im still shooting obsolete M-2's and Mark Iv's and stuff like that.
    Id like to see Salisbury too but this month is not good for me.
    I have a chance to take a young mans son I mentored for his first deer's son out with the same rifles his dad used so I'm not missing out on that for sure.
    Ill keep an eye out thank you.

ESMDHokie77

Pistol Practical Shooting
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 7, 2012
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    What kind of gun ammo and scope combo would be considered competitive in this game?
    CZ Guy needs to chime in, but from what I know:

ruger precision rimfire. cz 457, bergara rimfire. maybe ruger american rimfire target.

the strike eagle 5-25 scope was looking good.

sk ammo, eley,

I had a whole page on what I was about to do, but then my washing machine broke. f adulthood.

the tricky thing that I was looking at, was that each rimfire sport has a different $ amount to stay in factory class before bumping to open / unlimited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom