• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    Just found a bunch of Romeo5 on eBay for $75.

For those who’s going to be all “nick picking,” don’t worry I already have signsauer customer service ready to help me identify if it’s real or fake,
    And if it turns out to be fake, eBay will take it back with their buyers protection program within a month.

Attachments

• IMG_2323.png
      IMG_2323.png
      88 KB · Views: 61

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Why go through all the hassle of contacting SIG, submitting return with Ebay, go back to post office, a month to get your money back, etc... just to save what, like, $20? Seems pointless IMO.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Romeo5's normally sticker for 199 (dealer cost is 109), so at 75 - it's a tempting price

If they're legit and in good order, good on OP for getting a deal. I'm not gonna be mad at someone trying to make the most of their money. :)

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    $119 at PSA, in stock, brand new, from a reputable dealer.

I'm certain I've seen them for $100~ish during holiday sales.

I don't get trying to save $20, for something that is more than likely fake or an open box / damaged return.

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    If the dealer cost is over $100 and these are $75 what does that tell you?

As someone who has had an EBAY account since EBAY existed i've learned that if it sounds too good to be true it's a scam or the product is a knock off.
    Doesn’t hurt to save $20. I have a usps next to me. Most of the time they deny return and eBay still refund my money so I don’t even have to make a trip to usps.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I will guarantee those are knock-offs. Do not buy.

The normal low retail on those is usually around $135 +/-. I've bought at least a half dozen of them, including one fake(from Fleabay). Look at the seller's feedback. Read their negatives.

One dead giveaway is sheen and sharpness of the angles on the sight body. If they are sharp edges, fake. If the finish is shiny, fake. It helps to have a real one to compare to though.

Last edited:

small shot

Aug 20, 2020
    I value my time a lot more than saving $20.. PSA @120 as mentioned before and the holidays are coming up for more savings..

If you're retired with a lot of time on your hands then by all means, have at it.

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    Check OP's classifieds add for what's sitting atop the AR he's looking to sell.

Still trying to see the point of the thread. Not seeing why he'd cast doubt by posting this one.
    ^This. The value of your AR in the classifieds just went down after posting this haha.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Just found a bunch of Romeo5 on eBay for $75.

For those who’s going to be all “nick picking,” don’t worry I already have signsauer customer service ready to help me identify if it’s real or fake,
    And if it turns out to be fake, eBay will take it back with their buyers protection program within a month.
    Have you received the Romeo 5? Will you do an update about sig verification?

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    Its been confirmed, it is 100%..
    COUNTERFEIT!

yup already dropped off at UPS next to my work and back to ebay and reported the seller selling counterfeit products.

======================

Joshua Spurgeon​

Sep 28, 2023, 8:43 AM (2 days ago)
    to me
    Your welcome. If they need reasons why we know its counterfeit,
    The fonts don’t match
    The emitter does not match
    The ocular rings do not match
    Serial # is out of sequence.

======================================================

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
      unnamed (1).jpg
      168.8 KB · Views: 40
    • unnamed (2).jpg
      unnamed (2).jpg
      164.2 KB · Views: 40
    • unnamed (3).jpg
      unnamed (3).jpg
      163.4 KB · Views: 40
    • unnamed (4).jpg
      unnamed (4).jpg
      165.9 KB · Views: 40
    • unnamed (5).jpg
      unnamed (5).jpg
      121.1 KB · Views: 39
    • unnamed (6).jpg
      unnamed (6).jpg
      141.7 KB · Views: 41
    • unnamed (7).jpg
      unnamed (7).jpg
      165.1 KB · Views: 45
    • unnamed (8).jpg
      unnamed (8).jpg
      138.6 KB · Views: 39
    • unnamed (9).jpg
      unnamed (9).jpg
      141.3 KB · Views: 39
    • unnamed (10).jpg
      unnamed (10).jpg
      126 KB · Views: 38

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    ^This. The value of your AR in the classifieds just went down after posting this haha.
    actually no.
    I purchased two sig sauer Remeo5. First one was from Amazon and was confirmed by SigSauer it was authentic.
    the 2nd one I bought was from Ebay on september 27 which was "questionable" for $75.
    If you followed all what I posted you'll see the one I purcahsed from amazon was nearly a month ago, and that's also when I listed my gun
    but yah I returned the amazon one, so I am about to remove that post and sell rifle only with the magpul furnitures with ironsights to get my $130 back from amazon.
    I already give up any hope of any one actually on here going through the classifieds looking for guns since they can always find one cheaper online.

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    Check OP's classifieds add for what's sitting atop the AR he's looking to sell.

Still trying to see the point of the thread. Not seeing why he'd cast doubt by posting this one.
    you should look at the date when I posted my AR for sale, and the date when I purchased thie "ebay" knock off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom