• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    I have had great luck with my CRKT folder.

Yeah I have had very good experience with CRKT and I am sure I will be picking one up soon that will be with me all the time. I am leaning more and more towards the Pacifica. When I go towards the beach I doubt the Sebenza will be with me on that trip.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Umnumzaan's have been "upgraded" to have the Sebenza style pivot with an added stabilizer to the lock.

Very, very... interesting. Apparently, CRK's getting rid of the bushing too.

New
    3akIw.jpg

Old
    6a00d83424400753ef0105369c7b09970c-800wi

MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    Umnumzaan's have been "upgraded" to have the Sebenza style pivot with an added stabilizer to the lock.

Very, very... interesting. Apparently, CRK's getting rid of the bushing too.

New
    3akIw.jpg

That looks pretty nice.. Oh CR :thumbsup:

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    "Everyday" usually includes time spent on a boat and I have lost many a knife overboard. So that's why I stick with that a $25-$40 price range for my everyday carry. I feel that I can get a decent quality knife for that kind of money and I only get a little upset when it jumps out of my pocket, slides across the deck and ends up in the Bay.

Sog Aegis, Sog Flash, CRKT M16Z, Victorniox spartan, etc.... ~3" blade, folder, pocket clip, no serrations, I really like my assisted openers for using one hand
    Depending on the day I might also have a Leatherman Wingman (only $25!) or Wave.

Cutting Vectran line, repair tape, food packaging, fishing line, webbing, Spectra Dyneema line, spreading peanut butter, etc... are all common everyday tasks for me.

I would be SOOOO pissed off if a $100 knife fell overboard (let alone a $500 one!!) I've lost an iPhone to water and now I leave the phone in the Lifeproof case or drybag down below decks.

What is EDC for one may not be EDC for another. I reserve my Chris Reeve for formal attire.

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    I really enjoy my Gerbers, Spydercos, and my Benchmade Balisong. My Benchmade was my EDC at the small of my back for the longest time, with a Gerber folder clipped into the front pocket.

I have a CRKT M16 sitting right here on my desk, along with a Cold Steel Kobun (great boot knife), and a Ken Onion Kershaw Blackout (I think that's what it's called - bought it over 10 years ago).

When I was doing defense journal work, the guys at CRKT sent me a couple of their new (at the time in 2004) knives to review, something similar to this, but a special OIF/OEF edition (http://www.crkt.com/M16-14-Desert-Big-Dog-Tan-Tanto-AutoLAWKS-Combo-Edge). It's around here somewhere.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    "Everyday" usually includes time spent on a boat and I have lost many a knife overboard. So that's why I stick with that a $25-$40 price range for my everyday carry. I feel that I can get a decent quality knife for that kind of money and I only get a little upset when it jumps out of my pocket, slides across the deck and ends up in the Bay.

Sog Aegis, Sog Flash, CRKT M16Z, Victorniox spartan, etc.... ~3" blade, folder, pocket clip, no serrations, I really like my assisted openers for using one hand
    Depending on the day I might also have a Leatherman Wingman (only $25!) or Wave.

Cutting Vectran line, repair tape, food packaging, fishing line, webbing, Spectra Dyneema line, spreading peanut butter, etc... are all common everyday tasks for me.

I would be SOOOO pissed off if a $100 knife fell overboard (let alone a $500 one!!) I've lost an iPhone to water and now I leave the phone in the Lifeproof case or drybag down below decks.

What is EDC for one may not be EDC for another. I reserve my Chris Reeve for formal attire.
    Have you ever considered using a floating lanyard tail on your knife when on the boat? If it was a loop through paracord design you could add or remove it as needed. Just a thought.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    My EDC varies. Among them are An Emerson A100, Benchmade Mini Ruckus or Presidio, and Microtech Select Fire manual. All way under five bills.

Feb 1, 2012
    Frostburg
    I absolutely love my Spyderco Delica. I can't even tell it's there and that translates into me ALWAYS wanting to carry it. I also have a Caly 3 that is a little dressier...sweet knife, but I go for the Delica 99 times out of 100.

MindOOB

Jul 6, 2012
    I absolutely love my Spyderco Delica. I can't even tell it's there and that translates into me ALWAYS wanting to carry it. I also have a Caly 3 that is a little dressier...sweet knife, but I go for the Delica 99 times out of 100.

I am actually going to be picking up a Spyderco next week as something else to carry. I love my CR but I am beating it up a good bit and dont want to have to send it to them for a "Spa Treatment" every year..

Current thoughts are:

- SPYDERCO MILITARY BLACK BLADE
    - Spyderco Para Military 2
    - SPYDERCO STRETCH FRN
    - SPYDERCO DRAGONFLY FOLIAGE GREEN
    - SPYDERCO TASMAN SALT BLACK FRN

Anyone with experience with any of them?

marcwells

Aug 7, 2022
    United States
    Hi all, I am looking for suggestions for an EDC pocket knife for my daughter for her birthday/Christmas. This will be her first "real" knife, something beyond the no-name steel of a budget knife. Here are my criteria at the moment: Price: $25 max... she is not the most careful of people with her stuff so the knife needs to be affordable to replace in the event of it being lost. Less would be nice for now. Steel: stainless, not carbon... see comment above lol. Blade: under 3" but not too much under - maybe 2.5". Fine edge, not serrated... I want her to be able to learn how to sharpen it without the fuss of the serrations. The locking mechanism prefers a lockback... I am not worried about her being able to open/close the knife one-handed, more concerned about her safety and keeping her fingers well out of the way when closing it. Left-handed: yes, she's a lefty, unless I am missing something it seems to me that is another point against a liner lock for her. Pocket clip: I don't mind if it doesn't have one custom edc knives or if it does it needs to be reversible. Secondary considerations: Weight: not a big issue but she is an itty bitty thing so lighter is probably better. Color: she is a girl when all is said and done so color options like purple, and pink would be nice... and some bright colors might help her find it! So far I am leaning towards the Buck Bantam BBW so I would welcome any experiences anyone has with that knife as well as other suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

PewPewdiepie

Aug 5, 2022
    Annapolis
    Now that I have my CCW I carry the Heretic Manticore X. OTF with a huge blade and jade accents. Super limited and pricey but worth every penny. Heretic knives was started by the son of the guy who started microtech.
    9D8D6D99-2737-4C99-A86E-35112918429C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom