• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amg5161

Apr 19, 2016
    Tried to complete a Form 1 last night the site wouldn't upload/accept my trust. Anyone else have any problems like this? Thanks.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Tried to complete a Form 1 last night the site wouldn't upload/accept my trust. Anyone else have any problems like this? Thanks.

It's probably too large a file. Try to break it into a few parts and upload. If that doesn't work, eforms can be finicky with different web browsers. I would try a different one if splitting doesn't help.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Yea. The system sucks. It took numerous tries and different versions of the trust to get it to work. I finally got mine to upload after breaking it up and making it black and white. As I think Joppa said in a post a while back, print it to a PDF, make it smaller and b&w. Mine was only 2.3 meg to begin with, but it was 60 pages.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I have had continuous issues uploading a 3 MB trust. The trick for me was to upload an empty word doc first, then upload the trust, then delete the word doc. Makes no sense but works like a champ for me.

amg5161

Apr 19, 2016
    Thanks for the response mine is a PDF that is 867KB. I'll try the suggested methods and hope one works.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I just converted my trust to a Pdf and I have a question. My trust was an editable word document that I used the print to Pdf function on. When I checked the file (18 pages) It was only 720kb. I know I have to go back and scan in the signature, notary, and schedule a pages still. Does the 720 kb size seem unusually small?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You shouldn't have to break your trust into parts. Adobe has a function where you can save your PDF at a reduced size. One click and your entire trust is saved in a smaller version. Worked fine and no problem uploading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Yea. The system sucks. It took numerous tries and different versions of the trust to get it to work. I finally got mine to upload after breaking it up and making it black and white. As I think Joppa said in a post a while back, print it to a PDF, make it smaller and b&w. Mine was only 2.3 meg to begin with, but it was 60 pages.

Ditto. I think the limit per page is ~3megs and the system's prone to intermittent crashes and weird behavior when it's "working". Remember, too, that the system's down every Wednesday or whenever it's not up.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I think the limit per page is ~3megs

The limit per file is 3MB.

My trust is a total of 17 pages long, and scanned in color at a fairly high resolution is still only 1.5MB. Folks, if your trust is coming in at over 3MB it's either obscenely long or you're scanning it at way too high of a resolution.

amg5161

Apr 19, 2016
    Tried what Slowpoke suggested and finally got it to work this evening. Thanks again to everyone for all the help.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Totally wonky today. Took me over an hour to put in 3 form 1s. I also had to break the trust into 5 parts to get it to upload. It will look like it is uploading, but not show up until it cycles through that and then press "add" and more cycling. It makes it seem like you are uploading twice if you look at the browser status bar in the lower left.

Also, took several tries before the window for payment would open properly... yay! I can only imagine what it will look like early next week.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    I found this little trick on another site. If you save a blank document from Microsoft word and upload that first, then upload your trust, it seems to accept it just fine after that. Not sure why but it worked twice for me today. You're able to delete the blank document once your trust is uploaded.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Also sorry to hijack, but after you submit a form 1, how do you know it has gone to "pending" status when logging in to atfonline since a pending status is reauired to be grandfathered apparently.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    They should send you an email.

Look in the left hand column after you sign in. Click on the "submitted/in process". It should list the form 1s you have. Click on the form and it will give you the info and status.

I've only ever gotten the site to work with Firefox. Never worked for me with IE.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    I just converted my trust to a Pdf and I have a question. My trust was an editable word document that I used the print to Pdf function on. When I checked the file (18 pages) It was only 720kb. I know I have to go back and scan in the signature, notary, and schedule a pages still. Does the 720 kb size seem unusually small?

No. That's about the same size my trust is. I've never had any problems uploading mine(6 stamps and counting...).:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom