• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don't understand the hatred for the finger grooves but then again I'm just used to the Gen 3.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I don't understand the hatred for the finger grooves but then again I'm just used to the Gen 3.

I hate the finger grooves because I have skinny little fingers so when I grip the gun up high, the peak of those damn grooves are right where my fingers are.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Looks like it might be time for my first Glock 17 (bumping down the Glock 34 on the list). Hope these are out before a potential gun buying panic picks up steam this fall.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Soldier Systems has more detail on the features of the G17M, which is being issued to the Indianapolis PD.

They also stated that the Gen5 Glocks won't have all of the features of the G17M, so I suppose the G17M would be more of a Gen4+ release, then?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Its so damn sweet.

Beveled slide
    No Finger Grooves
    RTF type texture (no stippling needed)

Bye bye my Gen 3's and the stupid fn finger grooves.

I wish they just kept the Gen 3 internals and eliminated the finger grooves.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I hate the finger grooves because I have skinny little fingers so when I grip the gun up high, the peak of those damn grooves are right where my fingers are.

I don't mind the grooves on my 17 - they happen to fit just right. On my 19? Not so much.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    RTF type texture (no stippling needed)

The Rough Textured Finish is head and shoulders above the standard pebbling/checkering textures.

The tiny-but-tall "pyramids" of the RTF provide so much more traction than the standard finishes that, when handling an RTF and a non-RTF side-by-side, the non-RTF almost feels slippery in comparison.

I'm also told that the RTF has a tendency to rub skin raw and wear through clothes during EDC, but I haven't had an opportunity to experience those negatives first hand.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I've shot 2s and own a 3 and the grooves seem to fit my hand perfect. I can see though with different hand sizes how they could be a problem.

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm probably an outlier here, but the finger groves fit my hand perfectly. I like them, but I also wouldn't miss them if they were gone. Either way, pew pew pew!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Is it me or is Glock becoming the firearms version of Microsoft.... Glock 5.0 will soon be replaced by Glock Vista :-)
    Most manufacturers would gladly make a new generation to meet the needs of a huge contract like the one they just landed. It is definitely not just Glock.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    It appears to only have one pin near the trigger like to 42 an 43. Probably similar to disassemble where the slide lock bar needs to be slightly pressed down to remove the main pin. Also appears to have the new safety plunger like the 42/43.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom