• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I view with great concern the Frosh win. AG opinions can greatly impact interpretations of our horribly constructed, poorly worded, and in some cases almost unintelligible laws.

As for Brown, Hogan needs to hammer hard on the fact Brown was given one meaningful job as the Lt. Gov, that being MD's implementation of the Obamascare exchange. And everyone in the state has to know that was a dismal failure. His one claim to fame and he botched it.

OK, but how did that strategy work in the primary? Now does anyone really think it will work any better in the General Election??? I'm beginning to believe that there's too much complacency/entitlement/stupidity in the Maryland electorate to overcome at this point.:sad20:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    OK, but how did that strategy work in the primary? Now does anyone really think it will work any better in the General Election??? I'm beginning to believe that there's too much complacency/entitlement/stupidity in the Maryland electorate to overcome at this point.:sad20:

This was my big realization from yesterday. But again... for those of us who are here for the duration, we have to do something.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    How many votes for Dems came from the cemetery? I guess we should break it down to the "dead" cemetery and "live" cemetery because anyone who consciously votes for Brown, Fresh etc are brain dead. I voted, been trying to raise awareness and encourage people to vote in my corner of the People's Republic of Communist MD.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    OH... and as has been said many times... DINO has nothing to do with MSI.
    Let me give you a quick quote from the last MSI newsletter:
    If you changed your party affiliation to Democrat in order to be a DINO, you can check the DINO suggestions at Maryland Shooters.

That's an implicit endorsement of the strategy. If they weren't endorsing, why mention it?

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Amazing isn't it?

How do we move the needle???

If it didn't move yesterday I don't think it will move. Look at Detroit, that's Baltimore's future.

The teachers in the state are overwhelmingly liberal and they brainwash kids. My son was always getting into trouble in class because one of his teachers would spout off about how we needed to remove all guns from society and how evil the NRA was and he would tell her she was wrong.

Maryland has been too liberal for two long to change. I wish it weren't that way, but when 2/3 of the state are dems and the remaining 1/3 is split between republican, independent, green, and libertarian, there isn't much you can do.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

That's an implicit endorsement of the strategy. If they weren't endorsing, why mention it?

I'm well aware of that, and wasn't much in favor of it. In fact, it was the one and only mention in all this time, and was intended as resource material.

But, think what you will, and the rest of us will be doing what we can.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Yesterday, gun control was just one issue. There was the gas tax, the rain tax, alcohol tax, dream act, bathroom bill, pit bull ban, and on and on.

The average voter doesn't care. Those who do and speak out are seen as whacky and ignored.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    If it didn't move yesterday I don't think it will move. Look at Detroit, that's Baltimore's future.

The teachers in the state are overwhelmingly liberal and they brainwash kids. My son was always getting into trouble in class because one of his teachers would spout off about how we needed to remove all guns from society and how evil the NRA was and he would tell her she was wrong.

Maryland has been too liberal for two long to change. I wish it weren't that way, but when 2/3 of the state are dems and the remaining 1/3 is split between republican, independent, green, and libertarian, there isn't much you can do.

Speaking of teachers, apparently the kids aren't the only ones being brainwashed by them.

That apple ballot was genius. What signs???? What campaigning??? Print up an apple with the candidates of choice with an appealing cutout form people can take into the poll unit with them with a recognized organization thats "for the children" and it's a winner. No kidding.

We need to steal this idea and have people posted at every voting location handing them out. Maybe on a MD flag. Forget about making a difference before election day. Look at Frosh's come from behind win, it was that apple ballot and people standing outside with the apple ballot yesterday putting them in people's hands on the way in. Made me sick to watch. But it works.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Yesterday, gun control was just one issue. There was the gas tax, the rain tax, alcohol tax, dream act, bathroom bill, pit bull ban, and on and on.

The average voter doesn't care. Those who do and speak out are seen as whacky and ignored.

Let's see what happens in the general election first.

agstevens05

Jan 24, 2013
    Speaking of teachers, apparently the kids aren't the only ones being brainwashed by them.

That apple ballot was genius. What signs???? What campaigning??? Print up an apple with the candidates of choice with an appealing cutout form people can take into the poll unit with them with a recognized organization thats "for the children" and it's a winner. No kidding.

We need to steal this idea and have people posted at every voting location handing them out. Maybe on a MD flag. Forget about making a difference before election day. Look at Frosh's come from behind win, it was that apple ballot and people standing outside with the apple ballot yesterday putting them in people's hands on the way in. Made me sick to watch. But it works.

Yeah someone put it in my hand i crumpled it up and threw it away. Always take the stuff from them. That is one less they can hand out to someone too stupid to be voting.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    While I am very duscouraged by the Frosh win (not that Cardin was a whole lot better), I'm keeping a positive thought on the Brown win.

I think if Hogan (or any Republican) has any chance winning the State House in Maryland it would not be against Gansler. To most of the fairly oblivious voters in this state, Gansler's background is unknown. (Or not an issue)

Brown, OTOH, is tied to the Owe'Malley administration. And THAT can be used against him by a Republican challenger.

A lot of people are fed up with all the higher taxes and higher fees. And then there's the healthcare debacle.

None of this can really be used against Gansler.

I DO NOT look forward to a Governor Brown Administration. So this is kind of a "all in" thing.
    :(

I beg to differ. The reality of the situation is that most of the electorate in the counties with the highest population vote based on race and happen to be conprised of low-information entitlement voters. We now have a black Democrat running against a white Republican. We're screwed.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That apple ballot was genius.

...Made me sick to watch. But it works.

O'Malley's strategy of essentially running against George W Bush on his first election was a genious materstroke too, but that didn't stop me from heaving up my lunch...

....Hitler and Goebbels in the 1930's were nothing short political geniouses as well, and look what that did to Germany and Europe.

:mad54:

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Faith

All - I am running as a Republican in a District that has not had but one republican win 15 or so years ago. This has been educational for me. This IS about message. I had so many dems come up to me (hunted me down) or told my volunteers that they wanted to vote for me in the general based on their unhappiness. I do not know these folks or how they got my message.

There are two major implications here. First, my message as a candidate in my District (32) is getting out. Secondly, all the tings we are unhappy about are affecting them and impacting them. The take away is we need grass root organizations like this to get off the board meet candidates like me and set up opportunities for our democrat neighbors, co-workers and friends to hear it. The choice is quite startling.

We have more elected Republicans in this state than Dems. We are just not in the right places. Now we need to get into the right places. It starts with races like mine. If we take two of the three seats in a district that is pretty evenly mixed but has not voted republican we send a clear message. Plus we take away a lot of Sen DeGrange's power base. It is a two fer!

There are a lot od dem incumbents and they have "war chests" by virtue of their positions. And the dems did not have a lot of good candidates and if I was a betting man most voters went with the known vs. the dangerous (and ultra scary) unknown. They are not about change like the Republicans due to their progressive "centralized" thinking mentality. We can overcome that.

Do NOT lose hope. Maryland IS worth fighting for.

I am asking for every one's help in or out of my District. I need volunteers, donations, t-shirt donations, hosts to bring people together, volunteers at the polls, etc. I am not taking a break because I won yesterday. Our cause is too important.

Tim Walters
    Running for Delegate District 32
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

MSI is not allowed to endorse a strategy only educate. Keep throwing stones eventually you will hit something. Is MSI the enemy?

If so then carry on.. I have no problem spending my weekends at the range instead...

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Time for the Eastern Shore/Western MD Secession threads to get going again...

This ^^^^ seems to be one of the next most important issues that should be taken into SERIOUS consideration.

How about if maybe people started registering to vote, voted, encouraged others to do so, participated in something besides the "Where's the powder?" threads, and quit acting and writing like French men?

THIS ^^^^

We have jobs we have to get up and go to everyday. Not enough time as they do.

Having a job is NOT a reason not to vote. Maybe one is working all of election day and can't vote at that time but there are other times one can vote such as early voting; we had about 6 or 7 days from June 12th to June 19th for early voting. If one truly wants to vote (as a registered voter) there is more than one way to do it.

I'm not celebrating... How can I when our State's destruction, and ultimately this country's, is at hand? I don't understand people. Between the folks who continually have their apathetic hands out at the government trough to the folks who really do believe in this sinking ship's direction, they just keep voting in the same people election after election like sheep. After this primary, I just don't believe that we can patch our holes in time. I did my part, always do, but I swear that it's just like pissing into a hurricane. Look, the writings on the wall IMO. In a primary election, Dems pulled out close to half a million votes and the pubs scrapped together less then a quarter. That's a pretty big, convincing nail. Call me cynical.

Based on this ^^^ quoted post and the previous quoted post, I personally believe that there are many members on this forum, non-members, and those that haven't even heard of MDS, that share our values and ideals, didn't registered to vote and/or jus' said "fukkit, what difference is it gonna' make if I vote or not". Looking at the voting numbers (D & R), it just generally correspondes with the voting D & R numbers in previous MD elections; two to one. This tells me the people that should be voting and didn't register (I'm speaking of the 40% that signed the books on Senate Gun Bill Day for opposition of SB281 in February 2013), has NOT yet registered to vote or if some of them did, just said "FUKKIT".

One's voter registration is no longer used to pick one for jury duty, one's driver's license is used for picking for jury duty so that's NOT an excuse.

Everyone we know should be writing/calling all the winners in our districts--in both parties--and let them know how we feel, and what we are going to do in an effort to elect (or defeat, as the case may be) each of them... and go into great detail as to why.

Uuuggghhh, this ^^^ may not be our best move, I prefer to keep my plans of battle secret from the enemy, that is if I want to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom