• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Supporters of tighter restrictions on guns are deploying a new tactic: pressing companies such as Wyndham Worldwide Corp. (WYN) and Hertz Global Holdings Inc. (HTZ) to stop giving discounts to members of the National Rifle Association. Web-based organizations with ties to Moveon.org, an advocacy group that backed President Barack Obama’s re-election, want to shrink the NRA’s membership by eliminating an incentive to join -- cheaper hotel rooms and car rentals.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    Assuming most members are like myself, I'm not sure they are going to meet their goal. I've never used any of those services. I'm a member solely for their part in preserving the 2nd amendment.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    yEAH . tHEY SHOULD WORK REAL HARD ON THAT TACTIC. In fact they should put all of their resourses into that one.:omg::omg::omg::omg:
    OH NO don't throw us into the Briar patch... I mean don't take away my car rental or NRA Ritas discount. :lol2::lol2:

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Assuming most members are like myself, I'm not sure they are going to meet their goal. I've never used any of those services. I'm a member solely for their part in preserving the 2nd amendment.

+3

They just don't understand. They can have all that crap, I think I get better discounts with AAA anyway.

The discounts have nothing to do with why I'm a member.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a

+1, I don't even carry my NRA card with me. I get all the same discounts through my AAA through which I book everything and it gives me discounts in many other places like aqariums, zoos etc for the kids ... which NRA does not anyway.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The sweet hat. That's made in China :innocent0

I have like 10 of them. Or had... when a white sweat stain appears on one I just throw it away and grab another out of the closet lol.

I don't know if I'll upgrade to being a life member if I'm not going to get car rental and motel discounts... :sad20: what is the world coming to? :shrug:

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Just as long as they don't take away my block of government cheese or my Obama phone for being an NRA member...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    well i think NRA members should boycott companies that dont or wont give a discount. i try and deal with friends of the NRA when i can. there are plenty of us. pinch them where it hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom