• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maddogthegreatest

Nov 19, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Just received email from Delegate Anne Kaiser....
    She says Supporting our 2nd amendment rights.

We will see about that next November....:mad54:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for writing to my office and voicing your opposition to SB281:
    Firearm Safety Act of 2013, introduced by Senate President Mike Miller on behalf of Governor Martin O’Malley.
    This legislation provides a comprehensive plan of reforms to make people safer and reduce preventable gun violence.
    It includes provisions regarding gun licensing and fingerprinting; gun safety; and mental health safeguards and services.

Specifically, the provisions of SB 281 bans the sale of military-style assault weapons;
    limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds (the previous limit was 20) and requires licensing, fingerprinting, and safety training to purchase a handgun.
    These provisions should reduce “straw purchases” (where someone with a record gets a friend to buy a gun on their behalf) of both assault style weapons and handguns which over time should reduce the number of illegal guns on our streets while also promoting sensible,
    responsible gun ownership.

Further, this initiative creates safeguards to keep guns away from people who may be a danger to themselves or others due to mental illness, while also facilitating unprecedented levels of information sharing among federal and state partners for background checks.
    This bill improves mental health services in Maryland by establishing a Center for Excellence on Early Intervention for serious mental illness and expands Maryland’s Crisis Intervention Teams, Crisis Response Services, and Mental Health First Aid.
    Also, this bill establishes a Department of Health and Mental Hygiene led Task Force to Improve Continuity of Care for Individuals in the Community Mental Health System.

Despite characterizations of this bill and those of us who voted for it, I fully support our 2nd amendment rights.
    I place our right to bear arms right alongside our freedom of speech, of a free press and our freedom of religion. With each of these guaranteed freedoms comes rights and with each right comes responsibility. And with each responsibility, comes reasonable regulations.

I believe that this bill crystallizes that responsibility in important, meaningful and manageable ways.
    Crucially, the new law does not do the following: it does not prohibit lawful citizens from obtaining or owning a handgun and it does not require additional licensing procedures for hunting rifles and shotguns.
    The new law does not force citizens who lawfully possessed an assault weapon prior to the bill’s passage to surrender their weapon or to register it.
    Furthermore, it does not require current lawful gun owners to retroactively obtain a license.

Your views are important to me and I appreciate that you have taken the time to write to me.
    Please do not hesitate to contact me during the session should any other concerns arise.

Very truly yours,

Anne R. Kaiser

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    should be an easy DINO target if the field can be narrowed

Attachments

• anne kaiser.PNG
      anne kaiser.PNG
      6 KB · Views: 323

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    And...daa, daa.... I doesn't keep criminals from acquiring hand guns or semi auto AR style gun either. Why do you keep punishing the law abiding citizens.
    "Keep Criminals in Jail"

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Sheez. That moron represents my parents and my two brothers. Just insane.

Just amazing that she can say she supports the 2nd Amendment after voting in favor of SB281. How do politicians lie so easily? How do we the people believe this tripe so easily?

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    These responses make me so angry! Kinda like me responding on how I would drill into someones skull and zap their cerebrum with a laser to end their seizures. These ignorant souls should have no bearing on gun ownership just like I shouldn't be weighing in on just where the skull drilling should be done!

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I received the same email from her, but the funny thing is she sent the letter as a word document. That tells me either she or her staff know nothing about computers. Regardless of what she says, she is against the second amendment. As a DINO in her district I will be doing what I can to vote her out.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I received the same email from her, but the funny thing is she sent the letter as a word document. That tells me either she or her staff know nothing about computers. Regardless of what she says, she is against the second amendment. As a DINO in her district I will be doing what I can to vote her out.

lol - you should see if somebody can review the file for meta-data that might reveal anything.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    One of her assistants recently spoke in one of my classes here at UMD. I bought a bright yellow Molon Labe shirt and made sure he saw it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    "With each of these guaranteed freedoms comes rights and with each right comes responsibility. And with each responsibility, comes reasonable regulations."

And with each 'infringing' regulation we get closer to confiscation ...

It's all about incremental control.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    I keep hearing the "reasonable regulations" as if we don't already have those. Don't we have regulations on fully automatic firearms for example. I guess it's "reasonable" when it's total confiscation too.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I went to high school with her. Didn't really know her very well but obviously she needs to be voted OUT!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom