• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • packman911

Dec 20, 2012
    Thought I'd share this since he asks to share with acquaintances which I assume fellow 2A supporters.

February 13, 2013

Dear Fellow Supporter of the Second Amendment and the Constitution:

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. As a fellow gun owner, I strongly support your position and pledge to put up a good fight to defend our rights.

The liberal super-majority will be working hard to push through their gun-grabbing legislation. I need all the help I can get!

Please contact the Governor at 410-974-3901 or Governor.mail@Maryland.gov; the Chairman of the House of Delegates Judiciary Committee, Joseph Vallario at 410-841-3488,

301-858-3488, or Joseph.Vallario@house.state.md.us; and the Chairman of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee, Brian Frosh 410-841-3124, 301-858-3124, or Brian.Frosh@senate.state.md.us. Encourage your family, friends and associates to get to work because this is going to be a tough battle.

I am building a database of concerned citizens. Please have your acquaintances contact my office and provide their mailing and e-mail addresses.

Once again, we must stand together. I will be providing you with more information in the future.

Pat McDonough

Your Delegate

410-841-3334

P.S. I most recently send the following letter to Delegate Frosh, Chairman of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee and Delegate Joseph F. Vallario, Jr., Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee:

Dear Chairman Frosh,

A number of constituents have expressed concern regarding the agenda for future hearings on capital punishment and gun issues. Citizens have mentioned that in the past when hearings related to key issues were held, those who were testifying in opposition to the Governor and legislative leadership positions were required to speak last. This process has been especially difficult for senior citizens and families with children who, at times, had to wait later into the evening.

I would respectfully request that the hearing schedule be maintained in such a way that a proponent and opponent share the timetable by speaking alternately.

Thank you for any cooperation you can provide.

Sincerely,

Pat McDonough

News Release --- For Immediate Release (2/8/13):

There is a Gun Violence Bill That Hits the Target

There is a gun violence bill that actually saves lives and reduces crime,

There is a gun violence bill that the Governor and other politicians in Annapolis will not support,

although it is a real solution,

There is a gun violence bill that will protect lives, save the taxpayers’ money, and promote

public safety,

There is a gun violence bill that highlights the outrageous policies of the Governor and in his

persistent agenda to provide early release for violent gun criminals,

There is a gun violence bill that the media and press refuse to acknowledge while, at the same

time, engage in overkill coverage of the Governor’s proposal which

does nothing except burden law-abiding citizens.

House Bill 424 – Criminal Gun Control Act – is an honest solution to serious gun violence. There were 195 gun murders in Baltimore City last year. Seventy percent were committed by convicted felons. Forty percent of the murderers were felons convicted of previous gun crimes. Maryland has the second highest robbery rate committed by guns in the nation. Ninety-seven percent are by previously convicted criminals. House Bill 424 by Delegate Pat McDonough would prohibit any form of early release of a person convicted of a violent gun crime and not permit plea bargaining. The 800 pound gorilla in the room on the gun violence controversy is the fat that politicians in Annapolis are criminal friendly and refuse to support an honest gun bill that actually saves lives. The gun violence solution is House Bill 424.

For further information or interview, contact Delegate Pat McDonough at 410-841-3334,

cell: 410-303-8864, or Pat.McDonough@house.state.md.us

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom