• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    Thank you for your e-mail to the Firearms Registration Section. Please understand that due to the high volume of applications, there is a backlog of processing time. E-mails for status checks are causing an average loss of up to 16 man hours daily. The following actions are being taken immediately to best utilize our resources and serve our citizens.

1) All inquiries for a status check will only be responded to through the dealer who submitted the application, unless the application was a secondary sale. In such case, please inform us of the secondary sale.

2) If you are requesting verification that we received an application or you are inquiring the status of an application that was submitted less than 45 days ago, we will not respond to your e-mail inquiry.
    All other questions will be answered as soon as practical. A response may take up to ten days.
    Emphasis mine.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Who did you email for status? I mailed my collectors permit away over 45 days ago and I would like a status update to ensure they even received it.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Who did you email for status? I mailed my collectors permit away over 45 days ago and I would like a status update to ensure they even received it.

There is (at least used to be) a separate email for that. I got a response within hours when mine was lagging.

Do a search (hate to say that)

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I see this as a good thing. They are prioritizing the processing of applications rather than responding to pointless questions. It means I'll be able to pickup sooner.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I see this as a good thing. They are prioritizing the processing of applications rather than responding to pointless questions. It means I'll be able to pickup sooner.

:thumbsup:

The MSP have yet to give any indication they are acting in any sort of bad faith.

If you don't like the wait times, ask Annapolis to approve more money for more investigators.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

The MSP have yet to give any indication they are acting in any sort of bad faith.

If you don't like the wait times, ask Annapolis to approve more money for more investigators.

45 days is NOT good faith. Good faith would be 10 days for the application to be returned NOT the email.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

Hmmm.....

"Its been over 30 days and I'd like to know if you even HAVE my application so it's not 45 before I ask and find out you didn't even know I submitted an app".

Uh, yeah.......pointless. :sad20:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

Could do that. OR, we could just ask them to take a field trip to any gun store in Delaware and watch law abiding citizens walk out with their firearm 20 minutes after filling out the paperwork. :o

sfchoffman

Full Battle Rattle
    Feb 18, 2013
    I was at MSP today and they are overloaded, and do you think their boss (MOM) is gonna help them out by moving some bodies in there to help out ? Not....He told me they got over 500 just from this weekend. They are doing their best, and believe me, there is no room for mistakes on their part. It is what it is, they will get it as soon as they can. Blame the Dems not MSP....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom