• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Senator Glassman released the following email:

As a native of Harford County, I always remind folks that one of the first declarations which expressed support for the Patriot Cause in the emerging American Revolution was signed here in Harford County in Harford Town, near the intersection of Bush in 1775. This document, also known as the Bush Declaration, was signed by thirty-four Harford Countians. At the end of the Bush Declaration, our County's motto was born with the words, "at the risque of our lives and fortunes."

With that being said, I hold a great deal of respect for the founding principles of our Nation and view the current Second Amendment debate here in Annapolis as an assault on one of the original premises of our democracy. I feel that, too often, we give up our freedoms much easier than the cost to our forefathers who fought for and crafted our original liberties.

I do not have to review the extensive shortcomings of the Governor's anti-Second Amendment legislation to point out all of its flaws. I can only assure you that I will oppose these gun control measures on the Senate floor, along with my colleagues, in support of the Second Amendment.

Thank you for your time and citizenship that you have shown in support for one of the freedoms that we enjoy under the first ten amendments of the Constitution.

With every good wish, I remain

Very truly yours,

Barry Glassman, Senator

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    it's excellent that some politicians are invoking the Founders when they give their positions. The Left has stuck a stick into a hornet's nest.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    No pandering, Glassman is pro gun all the way and an overall true conservative.

mrbunny, how do you figure he's against any kind of environmental protection?

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    No pandering, Glassman is pro gun all the way and an overall true conservative.

mrbunny, how do you figure he's against any kind of environmental protection?

April 9, 2012 SB 236 Septic System Installation Requirements Concurrence Vote Passed - Senate
    (32 - 15) Nay

March 24, 2008 SB 309 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Bill Passed - Senate
    (31 - 16) Nay

March 24, 2007 HB 1220 Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays Green Fund Bill Passed - House
    (96 - 41) Nay

April 7, 2006 HB 853 Prohibiting Dredging for Oysters & Clams in Atlantic Coastal Bays Bill Passed - House
    (88 - 44) Nay

Now.. I will also point out that he did vote for some of the Greenhouse gas restrictions and green car stuff... which is why I did point those out.

I think the red flag for me on his votes are the nays on all gay rights / domestic partnership rights.

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    The topic is about the email he sent, not gay rights or environmental issues.

True, but my response was on the general response of support of this man due to his position.

I feel that it is unwise to support a political head simply due to a single position.

If I were a baby eating Satanist, who followed Karl Marx, idolized Lennon and believed in bringing about the total and complete obliteration of mankind... but was pro 2A rights to the letter.

Would you want someone to push my support just because I am pro 2A?

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    True, but my response was on the general response of support of this man due to his position.

I feel that it is unwise to support a political head simply due to a single position.

If I were a baby eating Satanist, who followed Karl Marx, idolized Lennon and believed in bringing about the total and complete obliteration of mankind... but was pro 2A rights to the letter.

Would you want someone to push my support just because I am pro 2A?

I'll reluctantly answer your question.

A single issue voter I am not.

I might disagree with the man on a few issues, but I agree with him on most. From George Washington to Obama, there's not a single politician I've completely agreed with.

Unfortunately, the lesser of two evils gets my vote. That's the world I live in.

Also, just because he voted against something, doesn't mean he's against the issue. There are many aspects to any bill. If I were a Senator, I might do the same. For example, I wouldn't vote for a CCW bill if the same bill banned certain types of weapons.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I received that same letter in the mail. Though it looked like he personally signed it but it could have been auto-penned.

OrangeSpear

NRA Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Owings Mills
    I received the same email.

I replied to her with
    "Senator Mikulski,

Could you please clarify for me what you meant when you said "the Assault Weapons Ban and limiting the use of high capacity ammunition." What is high capacity ammunition? Do you even understand what you are voting for or against? You don't appear to even have your facts straight and you expect me to believe you know where you stand on this subject?
    Please explain yourself.

I'm a voter,
    Orangespear"

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland

I replied to her with
    "Senator Mikulski,

Could you please clarify for me what you meant when you said "the Assault Weapons Ban and limiting the use of high capacity ammunition." What is high capacity ammunition? Do you even understand what you are voting for or against? You don't appear to even have your facts straight and you expect me to believe you know where you stand on this subject?
    Please explain yourself.

I'm a voter,
    Orangespear"

:thumbsup::D

TrevorWills

May 20, 2012
    Southern Maryland

I replied to her with
    "Senator Mikulski,

Please explain yourself.

I'm a voter,
    Orangespear"

:lol: Cannot believe that she said that. It reminds me of what one of the protestors at the National Gun Show back in December was screaming about Banning "High Velocity Magazines".

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    People need to approach their politics and support of their politicians based on a a list of priorities. I am some what conservative I do not believe in abortion, I also do not believe the gov't should be able to tell anyone what they can do to their own bodies. While I know some conservatives here will probably put me on ignore after that little tidbit but I will digress. Those two issues I would say are tie breakers, on a list of 1-20 they would be 19 and 20 respectively. I look at a politicians fiscal leanings, Constitution related leanings, his social leanings, I then look at his stands on minor issues that effect small groups. Personally I would put a politician above another if one was Pro-2a and not to far out of bounds on his other stances than a politician that is lock step with the bottom half of my list but is out bounds on my top 10.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Glassman is pro gun and at this point in time that's all that matters to me. Once our 2nd Amendment rights are secure we can talk about septic systems and green house gasses.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    :lol: Cannot believe that she said that. It reminds me of what one of the protestors at the National Gun Show back in December was screaming about Banning "High Velocity Magazines".

What that protester was trying to say, they wanted a ban on "High-Speed, Low-Drag" magazines.

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    I feel "comfortable" with his position on supporting 2A - in addition to the same letter mentioned in the OP he sent a personal email a month ago when 281 first came up. He represents a part of MD that is traditionally ag in nature - many of his positions on enviro bills may be to not burden his farming constituents - just a guess IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom