• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Can someone please help me figure out why I'm not getting notifications for threads I'm subscribed to. I thought I saw a thread some where but am having issues with the search feature on my mobile device and let's just say my laptop is out of commission. I checked my personal settings and the box is checked for receiving email notifications. I haven't changed any of my email settings. I just all the sudden stopped getting notifications. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Comcast told me all they needed was a letter from the owner stating it's not a spam site.

Jim Smith

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Is there anything you can do for us Comcast customers?

Jim Smith

Doubtful. If they view it as a spam site (can't imagine why), there's not a lot that can be done.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Doubtful. If they view it as a spam site (can't imagine why), there's not a lot that can be done.

They told me all they need is a letter from the site owner. I can look further into it to see exactly what is needed. Then I can report back to you.

I really would love to be able to check my mail through my Comcast account instead of through a Hotmail account.

Thanks!
    Jim SMith

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    They told me all they need is a letter from the site owner. I can look further into it to see exactly what is needed. Then I can report back to you.

I really would love to be able to check my mail through my Comcast account instead of through a Hotmail account.

Thanks!
    Jim SMith

It's been like that for almost a year... I guess it's not important enough for the site owner to deal with the issue... I know I have asked the question at least once... Talked to Comcast about it also but they weren't any help and, suggested I use another email service, such as G mail...

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Any known issues with Verizon? I haven't gotten notifications for over a year. I've checked every setting I can access, and can't find a problem.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Folks, I'm in the process of trying to trouble shoot (again) with an online agent for Verizon (Pankaj). I'll post the conversation in the hope that it might help us. I have edited out personal info and non-relevant BS.

--------------

Chat Subject:FiOS Internet (E-Mail)
    Your Question:I am not receiving emails from a specific sender
    A Verizon Service Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.
    Agent Pankaj has joined. (18:28:28)
    Pankaj : Chat ID for this session is 08181465839. (18:28:28)
    Pankaj(18:28:28): Thank you for contacting Verizon FIOS technical chat support. My name is Pankaj, I am glad to help you.

me(18:29:31): I need to find out why I cannot receive emails from mdshooters.com. Problem is over a year old.
    Pankaj(18:31:22): Have you tried to add the email in the whitelist?
    me(18:31:36): How do I do that please?
    Pankaj(18:33:16): The sender will need to go to http://verizon.net/whitelist to fill out a whitelist request. Most issues are resolved within 24 hours. Senders with a history of sending spam will take longer.
    me(18:34:08): Thank you. I will inform them and request their help.

me(18:35:30): Other verizon customers receive email notifications from this same sender, and only a few of us do not. Will that be resolved with the white list?
    Pankaj(18:35:50): Yes, that will be resolved with the whitelist.

Pankaj(18:36:00): Also, do you have the IP address of the sender?
    me(18:36:16): No, I do not. How do I get that?
    Pankaj(18:37:57): This can be provided by the sender.
    me(18:38:16): What do I do after I get it?
    Pankaj(18:38:51): If you will get the IP address, then you can contact us again, so that we can get that IP removed from the blacklist by contacting one of the team.
    Pankaj(18:38:56): That team is known as SUI team.

me(18:43:18): Will do. I'll get back to you. Thanks!
    Pankaj(18:43:23): But before that you can get the email added to whitelist to get it to work.

Pankaj(18:44:20): http://verizon.net/whitelist
    me(18:44:38): Got it.

------------------

Gotta say the canned responses are a bit annoying. Looks like I need to provide them with mdshooters.com IP address and outgoing mail server to submit a whitelist update from my end. For the record, I don't think that mdshooters is on a blacklist, since lots of folks are currently receiving notifications. And I apologize to Norton for the inconvenience and aggravation that this has caused. I know it's not your fault, or the fault of the forum.

Norton, is this something that you can provide, please? Thanks in advance.

Ed

edit: After some further research, the problem does not appear to be with Verizon. It appears to be in the forum software. Please see my next post: #17

Last edited:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have Verizon. No issues.

It's been an issue that has been talked about before with verizon. Do you have spam filtering turned on at the VZ level?
    I just tried to send myself an email and never got it. It didn't show up in the junk bucket either.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I might have found the problem...

I tried to send myself an email through the forum profile page, and got this message:

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help."

I have enabled email contact on the messaging and options page, so there must be a disconnect somewhere in the software. Anybody have any suggestions?

Can somebody else with Verizon problems check their ability to send themselves an email from the forum and see if it's universal, or maybe just me. Thanks!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I might have found the problem...

I tried to send myself an email through the forum profile page, and got this message:

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help."

I have enabled email contact on the messaging and options page, so there must be a disconnect somewhere in the software. Anybody have any suggestions?

Can somebody else with Verizon problems check their ability to send themselves an email from the forum and see if it's universal, or maybe just me. Thanks!

I tried again this morning. I don't have that setting turned on, so folks can send email. I turned off spam detection at the verizon level first. Still no mail from MDS. So somewhere, something is screwed up....
    It might be some type of regional settings for Verizon.
    And yes, I do get mail from other forums all the time.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm not an expert but I don't think that the "receive email from members" affects forum subscriptions email notifications.

I use Outlook connected through Gmail (IMAP) to receive email. Verizon is my ISP but I have Gmail POP my Verizon account every 10 minutes for occasional emails I get from sites I forgot to change to my Gmail account.

No issues.

That's my setup and it works fine. sorry you're having problems

ETA IMO I think somewhere Verizon has blacklisted MDS. No idea why it doesn't affect all Verizon customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom