• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    So you are using Verizon as the internet provider and gmail as your email. That would make sense why it is working for some folks and not others. I use a verizon.net account as my email. I think you are correct that VZ has blocked MDS for their email customers.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I am on Armstrong cable (.mris email account). I haven't received email notifications for several months, assumed something was switched off on VB.

It's not on my end, its nothing do with my internet or email server.

treadhead88

Panzerfahrer
    Jun 20, 2009
    Cecil Co.
    I have had Armstrong for the last 4 years, used to get email notifications for subscribed threads, then they just stopped about 2 years ago.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Has anyone tried using a Gmail account to forward MDS mail to their regular ISP account? Might be a work around since Gmail seems to be fine.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    OK well I setup a GMAIL account. Lets see if it works. I tried sending an email to myself and it told me I had blocked Emails from being sent. I checked my UserCP setting and it is not blocked. Not sure why I am not able to get emails. I tried contacting DD214 about the issue but, have not heard back from him yet.

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    So the issue is not with MDS, but with the ISP's I assume. If it works with Gmail, it's working.

No sure. Makes no sense that so many other providers are not working. My provider is powweb. They give you your own "email server" and such. They leave blacklisting and whitelisting up to you. I don't block and email and specifically added mdshooters email to my whitelist and it did not help.

There should be no reason it would not work unless outbound email is set specific.

When I switched to GMail it even sent me an email that said I switched but when I use my personal email I get nothing.

Something somewhere is blocking it.

No biggie I guess as GMail is working and I can live with that.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom