• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    I got the same response :)

I got this response from Kevin Kelley who actually sits on the House Judiciary Committee:

Dear Supporter of the Second Amendment:

Initially I take this opportunity to thank you for your recent email whereby you expressed adamant opposition to additional Gun Control initiatives which will be introduced in the 2013 Legislative Session of the Maryland General Assembly. Since I have been literally inundated by communications such as yours, I hereby respond to same, and simultaneously set forth my sentiments on Gun Control.

By manner of introduction I am a six term Delegate to the Maryland General Assembly representing Allegany County. I am an attorney by profession and during my entire twenty three years as a member of the General Assembly I have been assigned to the House Judiciary Committee. It should be noted the Judiciary Committee is the Committee to which all House of Delegates “Gun” initiatives are assigned. On a personal note, I am lawful owner of firearms and on numerous occasions I have been honored by various Pro – Gun Organizations for my staunch, unwavering support of the Second Amendment. Further, I possess an “A+” NRA rating.

I totally share your assessment that the current Legislative Session will unfortunately serve as a giant soapbox for Anti-Second Amendment zealots to spew their Gun-Hating venom and to pursue their Gun-Prohibition agendas.

Facts, statistics and common sense will be totally ignored as certain individuals jockey before the media to get their “on air” and/or “in print” opportunity to demonize the NRA and the Second Amendment Rights which the NRA protects and promotes. Simultaneously, many of these “Bashers” of the Second Amendment will utilize their media opportunities to demean those who support the Second Amendment; inferring such individuals “are of a lesser sophistication.”

The Gun-Haters will proclaim to the media “They support the Second Amendment” and they only intend to make “reasonable and responsible changes to the gun laws.” However, these same individuals will never legitimately pursue investigation of the true causes of violence in our society, specifically, broken homes, children born out of wedlock, absence of family structure, pervasiveness of drugs, street gangs, issues of a failed Mental Health System and the promotion/ glorification of violence in movies, on television and in video games, all of which serve to desensitize youth to the actual carnage caused by violence.

Further penalizing lawful gun owners and denying Second Amendment rights to these law abiding individuals will not reduce violent crime. On the contrary, the opposite is true. If law abiding citizens are denied their Second Amendment right to own firearms, then in that event, the only people to have guns will be the criminals. As such, you may be assured I will continue to oppose, and I will continue to vote against, any and all Anti - Second Amendment, Gun Control initiatives. Finally, I submit for your review the following email, statistical information and news article which you may find of interest.

Once again, your expression of Second Amendment support is deeply appreciated and if I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Kevin Kelly, Delegate
    Allegany County

kevin.kelly@house.state.md.us

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    The mass email system I used sent emails to the following:

Delegate Kevin Kelly
    Senator Ronald N. Young
    Delegate Donald B. Elliott
    Delegate John A. Olszewski
    Delegate Joseph C. Boteler
    Senator Delores G. Kelly
    Delegate Jon S. Cardin
    Delegate Elizabeth Bobo
    Delegate Eric G. Luedtke
    Delegate C. William Frick
    Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons
    Senator Roger P. Manno
    Delegate Heather R. Mizeur
    Delegate Anne Healy
    Delegate Michael L. Vaugh
    Delegate Kriselda Valderrama
    Delegate Sally Y. Jameson
    Delegate Anthony J. O'Donnell
    Delegate Don H. Dwyer
    Senator Edward R. Reilly
    Delegate David D. Rudolph
    Delegate Jay A. Jacobs
    Delegate Charles J. Otto
    Senator Catherine E. Pugh
    Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg
    Delegate Maggie McIntosh
    Delegate Talmadge Branch
    Senator Victor R. Ramirez

Does this look right? I don't think it is... BY the way I am using the associatedgunclubs.org system..

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    From Senator Zirkin's office:

"Thank you for contacting me regarding your thoughts on the recent proposed legislation on gun control. As a member of the Judicial Proceedings Committee, I will be taking all proposed bills on gun control into consideration. As the Legislature tackles this tough issue, I will be sure to keep your comments in mind. If I can be of any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office."

I replied back asking for his official stance on 2A. Crickets. I am in his district.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Just received this one:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding your opposition to anti-Second Amendment legislation. If you have not done so already, please send my office your mailing address so that I can stay in touch through emails and mail you important updates and voting lists.

I am adamantly opposed to legislation intended to impose more restrictive gun control measures on the citizens of Maryland. I will not turn my back on the law-abiding citizens who simply want to maintain and utilize their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

I firmly believe that restricting guns for law abiding citizens will make us less safe because criminals and the mentally deranged do not follow these gun control laws. It’s unfortunate that some are taking a tragedy and turning it into a political opportunity to punish responsible gun owners.

I appreciate hearing from you and will keep your comments in mind. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of any further assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
    Delegate Michael J. Hough
    District 3B- Frederick & Washington Counties

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Thank you for contacting me regarding proposals to increase gun control in Maryland. I appreciate what you are doing to preserve our Second Amendment Rights and hope that you will continue to speak as specific bills are introduced in this year's legislative session.

I agree with you that the additional gun control proposals being considered would not have helped in the recent national tragedies, but would have only limited the freedoms of Maryland citizens.

One strategy that actually has been proven to decrease crime and violence is allowing citizens the right to carry guns. This is a right that other states allow, but one that is currently very restricted in Maryland.

While the current climate is threatening our right to bear arms, there was good news for our Second Amendment Rights in Maryland last year. U.S. District Court Judge Benson Legg’s made a decision in March, 2012 where he declared that Maryland’s restrictive policies for issuing guns is unconstitutional.

Since the decision, a federal appeals court has issued a stay on the order that keeps Maryland’s current restrictive concealed-carry gun permit process in place. Maryland's Attorney General Gansler, who is actively raising money to run for Governor, requested the stay and is now working to overturn Judge Benson's favorable 2nd Amendment ruling in a federal appeals court.

Thank you again for contacting me regarding this important issue. If there is anything I can do to help you in the future, please contact me by email at neil.parrott@house.state.md.us or by phone at 240-329-0293.​

Sincerely,
    Neil

Delegate Neil C. Parrott, P.E.

Maryland House of Delegates

6 Bladen Street, Room 320

Annapolis, MD 21401

1-800-492-7122 x3636

neil.parrott@house.state.md.us

District Office Contact

P.O. Box 32 Funkstown, MD 21734-0032

240-329-0293

"Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free men."

v Dwight D. Eisenhower

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    Geraldine Valentino-Smith said:
    Thank you for contacting my office. If you have a scheduling request or need immediate assistance, please call my office at 301-858-3101 and ask to speak with John Padgett or Victoria Herman.

As a delegate from District 23A, I represent communities in Prince George’s County including Bowie, Glenn Dale, Lanham, Seabrook, and South Laurel. Due to the high volume of e-mails received during session, my office's focus is on communicating with my constituents. This automatic response is sent out so that you have immediate access to information as well as acknowledgment that your e-mail was received.

If you are inquiring about my position on a particular piece of legislation, I generally do not take a position until after the bill hearing and public testimony. Bill progress, including hearing dates and committee votes, can be viewed by clicking this link http://mgaleg.maryland.gov and entering the bill number or searching for the legislation by subject.

As always, it is a privilege to represent you!

Geraldine Valentino-Smith

P.S. Please visit my website at www.delegategeraldine.com and also click “LIKE” on my Facebook page to view events and opportunities throughout the district! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geraldine-Valentino-Smith/289026292501?ref=ts

Rest assured I will not be "like"ing her facebook page

packman911

Dec 20, 2012
    Dear Neighbor:

Thank you for contacting me recently about the proposals being made in Maryland to restrict 2nd Amendment rights to gun owners. I appreciate you letting me know your concerns. Throughout the 2013 Session, my goal is to keep you updated about what is happening with this issue.

As I mentioned in original response to you, I have been a strong supporter of the right to keep and bear arms responsibly. We are seeing troubling signs of what we are up against in Maryland.

Governor O’Malley has stated that he would like to have a number of new gun regulations passed in the wake of the school shooting in New Town, CT. He has gone on record endorsing an “assault weapons ban” for Maryland, proposed limiting magazines to 10 rounds, restricting “mentally ill” individuals from obtaining firearms, and toughening safety features within Maryland public schools. Several bills have already been introduced that aim to restrict gun owners’ rights. HB 107 would reduce the current legal limit of magazines for semi- automatic firearms from 20 rounds to 10 rounds. HB 131 would make it a misdemeanor to leave a firearm loaded or unloaded in a place where a minor can obtain it without adult supervision. The penalty is seizure of the firearm and up to 2 years in jail.

At the federal level, President Obama has issued 23 Executive Orders that restrict gun owners’ freedom. Here is a link to the Executive Orders.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...-on-gun-safety-signed-today-by-the-president/

I expect all of these bills and others to be hotly debated throughout the 90 – day Session. As a State Delegate, I will continue to stand up for the 2nd Amendment for all of Maryland citizens. Attacking lawful gun ownership sends a troubling signal that the government does not trust its citizens and believes they should have fewer rights during dangerous periods. I do not believe that keeping the public safe should mean that all gun owners should be punished because of the evil actions of people who are deranged. That is why on the positive side, I am supporting including HB 38. This bill ensures the right to conceal and carry a firearm. I think that in the wake of what is occurring it is logical for responsible gun owners to be allowed to protect themselves.

As the session continues I will be standing up for the rights of gun owners and doing my part to keep anti-gun freedom interests from getting their way. Thank you again for input and engagement. I will do my best to update you as new information becomes available.

Again, thank you for contacting me and sharing this information and for your support. Please feel free to contact me anytime at Justin.Ready@house.state.md.us or 410-841-3070. I look forward to hearing from you anytime.

Sincerely,

Justin Ready

Member, House of Delegates

District 5A/Carroll

www.JustinReady.com

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Dear Neighbor:

Thank you for contacting me recently about the proposals being made in Maryland to restrict 2nd Amendment rights to gun owners. I appreciate you letting me know your concerns. Throughout the 2013 Session, my goal is to keep you updated about what is happening with this issue.

As I mentioned in original response to you, I have been a strong supporter of the right to keep and bear arms responsibly. We are seeing troubling signs of what we are up against in Maryland.

Governor O’Malley has stated that he would like to have a number of new gun regulations passed in the wake of the school shooting in New Town, CT. He has gone on record endorsing an “assault weapons ban” for Maryland, proposed limiting magazines to 10 rounds, restricting “mentally ill” individuals from obtaining firearms, and toughening safety features within Maryland public schools. Several bills have already been introduced that aim to restrict gun owners’ rights. HB 107 would reduce the current legal limit of magazines for semi- automatic firearms from 20 rounds to 10 rounds. HB 131 would make it a misdemeanor to leave a firearm loaded or unloaded in a place where a minor can obtain it without adult supervision. The penalty is seizure of the firearm and up to 2 years in jail.

At the federal level, President Obama has issued 23 Executive Orders that restrict gun owners’ freedom. Here is a link to the Executive Orders.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...-on-gun-safety-signed-today-by-the-president/

I expect all of these bills and others to be hotly debated throughout the 90 – day Session. As a State Delegate, I will continue to stand up for the 2nd Amendment for all of Maryland citizens. Attacking lawful gun ownership sends a troubling signal that the government does not trust its citizens and believes they should have fewer rights during dangerous periods. I do not believe that keeping the public safe should mean that all gun owners should be punished because of the evil actions of people who are deranged. That is why on the positive side, I am supporting including HB 38. This bill ensures the right to conceal and carry a firearm. I think that in the wake of what is occurring it is logical for responsible gun owners to be allowed to protect themselves.

As the session continues I will be standing up for the rights of gun owners and doing my part to keep anti-gun freedom interests from getting their way. Thank you again for input and engagement. I will do my best to update you as new information becomes available.

Again, thank you for contacting me and sharing this information and for your support. Please feel free to contact me anytime at Justin.Ready@house.state.md.us or 410-841-3070. I look forward to hearing from you anytime.

Sincerely,

Justin Ready

Member, House of Delegates

District 5A/Carroll

www.JustinReady.com

I got a similar response, but it looks like he's personally answering his e-mail because my response didn't have O'Commie's executive orders mentioned.

KD999

Dec 18, 2012
    Virginia
    Thank you for contacting my office regarding your opposition to anti-Second Amendment legislation. If you have not done so already, please send my office your mailing address so that I can stay in touch through emails and mail you important updates and voting lists.

I am adamantly opposed to legislation intended to impose more restrictive gun control measures on the citizens of Maryland. I will not turn my back on the law-abiding citizens who simply want to maintain and utilize their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

I firmly believe that restricting guns for law abiding citizens will make us less safe because criminals and the mentally deranged do not follow these gun control laws. It’s unfortunate that some are taking a tragedy and turning it into a political opportunity to punish responsible gun owners.

I appreciate hearing from you and will keep your comments in mind. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of any further assistance in the future.

Sincerely,

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    From Sarbanes:
    Thank you for contacting my office. I look forward to responding shortly.

In the meantime, please subscribe to my periodic newsletter, the Sarbanes Standard at http://sarbanes.house.gov/subscribe.asp, so that I am able to provide you with important updates about the Congress throughout the year.

Sincerely,

John Sarbanes

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    Michael J. Hough, Dist 3B

Please be sure to check out my Live From Annapolis Video Update. This weeks topic is Governor O'Malley's newly proposed Gun Control Laws. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYafTowsHqg

Sincerely,

KD999

Dec 18, 2012
    Virginia
    I appreciate your e-mail regarding HB 107. Please know that I am an ardent supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights and will vote accordingly.

There will be many bills introduced during the upcoming session on both sides of the 2nd Amendment issue, and I encourage you to consider testifying on any bills you feel strongly about. It makes a difference if you testify and, if you are able to do so, please follow the information provided below.

Go to http://mgaleg.maryland.gov. On the home page under the photo you will see a drop-down box entitled, "My Broad Subject." Click the arrow and scroll down to "Public Safety (E4)" to find a listing of all gun-related bills and their hearing dates. You can visit http://dls.state.md.us/Content.aspx?page=31 for more specific information on the process of testifying.

I will be sure to provide you with updates on related legislation. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with future comments and questions.

Thank you,

Delegate Cathy Vitale
    Anne Arundel County, District 33A
    Lowe House Office Building
    6 Bladen Street, Room 154
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    O-410- 841-3510
    F -410- 841-3180

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    From Rep. Harris, appears to be the same as others:

January 9, 2013

Thank you for contacting me about the recent Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut and your concern about the potential erosion of our 2nd Amendment rights. As an educator and father of five, two of whom are still in school, the horror that took place on the morning of Friday, December 14, 2012 is unfathomable. My deepest thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the 27 victims and the Newtown community.

We all must work together to prevent these types of tragedies. I believe we have to start by addressing the culture of violence that has consumed our country. Our news media, movies, television shows, and video games display endless violent images that glorify and inspire this behavior. We have to stop sensationalizing these murderers. According to KidsHealth, the average child spends 28 hours a week watching television and it is estimated that by the time this child leaves elementary school, he or she will have witnessed 8,000 murders and over 100,000 other acts of violence (and this does not include violent video games). According to The Parents Television Council, by the time children reach the age of 18, they have seen more than 40,000 murders and 200,000 acts of violence. I believe this is a major contribution to the problem.

As a physician, I also feel mental health care reform needs to be a part of the discussion. It is important to remember that those with mental illnesses rarely commit acts of violence and this low incidence must be put into perspective. However, we need to make sure children and young adults with mental illness are diagnosed and have access to proper therapy in order to help them cope with their condition. Studies show that more than 10% of children in the United States may benefit from some sort of mental health treatment, but most do not receive help. There is a shortage of resources and services available to serve those that need mental health care support. Furthermore, where these resources exist, their implementation could be improved and used more effectively.

Like you, I agree that we must enforce to the fullest extent possible our current gun control laws that protect people from danger, like preventing gun ownership by criminals or those suffering from a severe psychological disorder that could result in a violent act. Currently, over 4,450 crimes related to guns exist on the federal law books, and tens of thousands have been proposed in the Federal Register. According to the Brady Campaign, Connecticut has the 5th toughest gun laws in the country including an assault weapons ban. Norway, a nation with some of the toughest gun laws in the world, not too long ago had to deal with a mass murderer killing over 80 people, most of whom were children. Illegal use of a firearm, as was the case with the Sandy Hook shooter, should always be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

I believe that by addressing our country's increasingly worrisome culture of violence, and implementing strategies to generally improve our mental health system, we can lessen the occurrence of these tragedies by targeting the root causes of mass murders. I am grateful for your comments, and you may rest assured that I will keep your views in mind as legislation on this issue is discussed. I hope that you will feel free to contact me on any issue of importance to you or your family in the future.

Sincerely,

Andy Harris, M.D.
    Member of Congress
    harris.house.gov

Contact Information

Washington, D.C.
    506 Cannon House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515
    Phone: 202-225-5311
    Fax: 202-225-0254

Bel Air District Office
    15 Churchville Road
    Suite 102B
    Bel Air, MD 21014
    Phone: 410-588-5670
    Fax: 410-588-5673

Salisbury District Office
    212 West Main Street
    Suite 204B
    Salisbury, MD 21801
    Phone: 443-944-8624
    Fax: 443-944-8625

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I also got a canned response from Speaker Bush:

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate hearing from you, and I want you to know I received your email. If you have a scheduling request or need immediate assistance, please call my office at 410-841-3800.

As Speaker of the House, I often receive email from around the State encouraging me to support or oppose various proposals. I appreciate everyone who takes time to share their opinion. But I may not have the time to respond to every email since my priority is to my constituents in District 30.

If your email pertains to the status of a particular piece of legislation, I hope you will visit the General Assembly’s website at http://mlis.state.md.us. The site provides a wealth of useful information about the legislature, hearing schedules, briefings from the Department of Legislative Services, and bill information.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I appreciate your input.

Michael E. Busch, Speaker

A canned Response from Del. Glass, nothing from Del. Rudolph, although he did respond to my wife's email. Nothing from Del. Delaney-James, nothing from Sen. Jacobs, Nothing From Sen. Miller.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Dear Just5Guy,

Thank you for contacting my office with your concerns on gun control.
    The overwhelming consensus from my constituents on this issue is that I support our Second Amendment rights by voting against legislation to further restrict gun ownership.
    I have always supported the right to bear arms, and as tragic and emotional as Sandy Hook, and other such incidents have been, I do not believe that additional gun laws are the answer to eliminating such violence.
    My goal is to develop legislation which is effective in eliminating today’s current problems.
    As with most emotionally backed issues, both sides will provide challenging arguments. I will encourage discussion on areas such as:
    • tightening pre-gun purchase checks
    • additional mental health funding; screening in schools and society at large. etc.
    • addressing violence in our society such as; T.V., movies, internet, video games etc.
    • school building security
    I appreciate knowing of your support on this front, and I will do my best to voice your views and uphold your constitutional choice for the right to bear arms.

Sincerely,
    Ed Reilly
    Maryland State Senator, District 33

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I got the canned auto response from almost everyone from the AGC general assembly list. Some chastised me from not being from their district. One of my local reps who seems pro 2a sent this:

Thank you for contacting my office with your email regarding HB78 legislation in Maryland. I always appreciate it when my constituents take the time from their busy day to share their questions, concerns and opinions. I have noted all that you have stated in your email, and will keep you updated with this and all other potential legislation that crosses my desk.

Please know that if there is ever a matter that you would like to discuss, feel free to contact me. I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Constituently Yours,
    Delegate Joseph Boteler III

P.S. I agree 100% with your email!

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just got this one

January 21, 2013

Please be assured that I strongly believe in Second Amendment rights and will not support legislation that in any way will weaken it.

Thank you for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Nancy R. Stocksdale

Delegate, District 5-A

322 Lowe House Office Building

Annapolis, MD 21401

410-841-3077 - office

410-841-3241 – fax

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Just received these two, one good, one sot so much:

Good:
    January 21, 2013

Please be assured that I strongly believe in Second Amendment rights and will not support legislation that in any way will weaken it.

Sincerely,

Nancy R. Stocksdale
    Delegate, District 5-A

Annapolis, MD 21401
    410-841-3077 - office
    410-841-3241 – fax

Not so much. Dist 15 seems to be hosed.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. Your comments and concerns are important.
    If you live in Maryland’s Legislative District 15 and did not already include your name and address in your original message, please reply to this e-mail with your contact information so that I may better assist you. Should you need immediate assistance, please feel free to contact my office directly at 410-841-3090.
    On December 14, 2012, 20-year-old gunman shot and killed twenty children, six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School, his mother, before taking his own life. This was the second-worst school shooting in U.S. history and brought focus to the issue of gun policy across the nation and in the State of Maryland.
    As a community, we need to pause, reflect, learn from this tragedy and work together to keep our state safe with common sense gun laws, improved mental health services, and instituting more effective policing strategies. If we are to reverse the tide of violence, the principles of nonviolence must be taught and practiced in our homes, schools and communities. During the 2013 Legislative Session, I look forward to working with my colleagues in the Maryland General Assembly to explore ways we can improve public safety for all.
    To learn more about the Maryland General Assembly, please visit: mgaleg.maryland.gov.
    It is an honor to serve you and to serve with District 15 representatives, Senator Rob Garagiola and Delegates Kathleen Dumais and Brian Feldman. Thank you again for contacting my office and exercising your civic duty. Our democracy works best when citizens, like you, are actively involved.
    Best Regards,
    Aruna Miller
    Maryland House of Delegates-District 15
    House Office Building (HOB) Room 225
    Annapolis, Maryland 21401
    E-Mail: Aruna.Miller@house.state.md.us
    Phone: 410-841-3090

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    January 21, 2013

Sincerely,

Nancy R. Stocksdale

Delegate, District 5-A

Annapolis, MD 21401

410-841-3077 - office

410-841-3241 – fax

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Just received these two, one good, one sot so much:

Good:
    January 21, 2013

Sincerely,

Nancy R. Stocksdale
    Delegate, District 5-A

Annapolis, MD 21401
    410-841-3077 - office
    410-841-3241 – fax

Not so much. Dist 15 seems to be hosed.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. Your comments and concerns are important.
    If you live in Maryland’s Legislative District 15 and did not already include your name and address in your original message, please reply to this e-mail with your contact information so that I may better assist you. Should you need immediate assistance, please feel free to contact my office directly at 410-841-3090.
    On December 14, 2012, 20-year-old gunman shot and killed twenty children, six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School, his mother, before taking his own life. This was the second-worst school shooting in U.S. history and brought focus to the issue of gun policy across the nation and in the State of Maryland.
    As a community, we need to pause, reflect, learn from this tragedy and work together to keep our state safe with common sense gun laws, improved mental health services, and instituting more effective policing strategies. If we are to reverse the tide of violence, the principles of nonviolence must be taught and practiced in our homes, schools and communities. During the 2013 Legislative Session, I look forward to working with my colleagues in the Maryland General Assembly to explore ways we can improve public safety for all.
    To learn more about the Maryland General Assembly, please visit: mgaleg.maryland.gov.
    It is an honor to serve you and to serve with District 15 representatives, Senator Rob Garagiola and Delegates Kathleen Dumais and Brian Feldman. Thank you again for contacting my office and exercising your civic duty. Our democracy works best when citizens, like you, are actively involved.
    Best Regards,
    Aruna Miller
    Maryland House of Delegates-District 15
    House Office Building (HOB) Room 225
    Annapolis, Maryland 21401
    E-Mail: Aruna.Miller@house.state.md.us
    Phone: 410-841-3090

I got both of those today. The not so good one I wrote back asking for clarifying what her stance was and hope that her common sense did not mean AWB and restrictions etc.. I threw in some stats and some other key points.. Probably will get crickets on that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom