• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c3rracer

Nov 16, 2008
    Frederick County
    My new employer in MD makes soldier system accessories that are body worn and is considering doing some picatinny rail based adaptations and would like to purchase and store AR-15s at our engineering facility (in a safe) for product integrations and demonstrations. Also would like to use these firearms for test and evaluation on rented ranges in MD and VA.

I am familiar enough with personal ownership within MD but have no clue what may be applicable for a corporation operating in MD.

What are the legal considerations we should be pursuing? FFL, notification of local law enforcement, local codes, etc.

Thank you in advance for your help and google-fu to get me started.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    No different than private ownership. Keep the firearms secure when not in use.

The hardest part will be finding a MD FFL to transfer a regulated firearm to a corporation.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just buy a few high end airsoft ar's. Problem solved AND you can shoot your co-workers.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Your employer also needs to keep an eye on whether or not he is crossing the line from accessories into gunsmithing/manufacturing. Accessories with no FFL should not be a problem, but if he gets into modifying firearms themselves for profit he may need a gunsmith's or manufacturer's FFL. If in doubt one can always pick up the phone and check with the Baltimore Field Office for ATF. Sounds like his plan right now is accessories only though, so should be good to go with no FFL, in my opinion.

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    It's been a few years since I did it last, but my former employer had the same issue of the corp. buying firearms. The MSP wouldn't process the paperwork for a corp. They needed an indivdual's name on the paperwork, so we did it individually as officers of the corp, which I wasn't too keen on. It worked out in the end though, when we sold the ship the individuals took back the firearms that were associated with our names. I walked away with two S&W 38's, two Maverick 12 ga's, and a Chinese made M1A1. All for free. It was the only bonus I ever got that my wife couldn't spend!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom