Engraved S&W model 15 by Mike's Custom Weaponry, LLC.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    I have always wanted an personalized, engraved revolver to commemorate my time on this planet. I figure it beats a slab of marble or a plaque in some forgotten cemetery. I found a nice 4" barrel, ex-police S&W model 15, my favorite revolver and put my name on the waiting list for Mike's Custom Weaponry in York, PA. We had several conversations via email about it and a long conversation in person. Mike is a fantastic guy, probably half my age, and has already forgotten more than I know about firearms. I chose an English scroll style engraving to match my dad's old J&W Tolley 12 gauge side by side. The pistol was marked S.C.P.D. for Suffolk County, Long Island, New York. I am a retired police officer though not from SCPD nor did I ever carry a model 15. We were initially issued S&W model 19s which were replaced with Beretta 92 once we finished field training. Still this old pistol has a police connection and I hope the model 15 is adequate for anything I ever need to use it for. I hope you enjoy my amateur photos, which really don't show the depth of detail in the engraving. Michael Crumling is the engraver and he describes what he does as, "I put fancy scratches on things." He can be found on facebook and Instagram or I can send you his contact information if you are interested. I can't recommend him highly enough.
    model 15 right side 2.jpg

Attachments

• model 15 left side 1.jpg
      model 15 left side 1.jpg
      514.6 KB · Views: 85
    • floral engraving left side 2.jpg
      floral engraving left side 2.jpg
      359.6 KB · Views: 85
    • scpd.jpg
      scpd.jpg
      263.7 KB · Views: 85
    • initials trigger guard.jpg