• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Optics Planet had them about 3 weeks ago. $535, free shipping, no tax, arrived in about 4-5 days via Fed-X ground.

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    A little over a month ago I ordered the Xps2-2 from Optics Planet then a day later I decided I wanted the EXps2-2. I called to have my order changed. When I called the person I talked to informed me it would be 6-8 weeks before either model would ship. I said their website didn't show anything about the product being on back order just said in stock. So they gave me 10% off. Well last week my paypal payment authorization timed out and I have to confirm I still wanted to pay optics planet. I called to check the status of the order and was told they were not expecting the optic to be in before the end of August. So i canceled the order and began my search elsewhere. I tried to order an Exps2-2 from amazon.com and the next day I get a email saying "sorry we are actually sold out." Well thats fine but they still pulled the money from my account. So I called my bank and had them cancel the transaction. I typed the model in google and went to every website on 9 pages and no one has them. So now I doing what I should have done from the get-go and turn to the I.P.'s here.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    On a side note, have you seen XPS2-2 in person? That's what I wanted until I saw one in person. The lower dot is distracting and tends to obscure the view for distant targets. I bought XPS2-0 instead. Still thrilled with the one dot about a year later and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    On a side note, have you seen XPS2-2 in person? That's what I wanted until I saw one in person. The lower dot is distracting and tends to obscure the view for distant targets. I bought XPS2-0 instead. Still thrilled with the one dot about a year later and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

were you using a magnifier?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't like dealing with Optics Planet because the web site never tells you an item is OOS until you have ordered and then you get an email after the purchase. There is no reason for this and I try to avoid them for this reason. There are other alternatives.

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    I don't like dealing with Optics Planet because the web site never tells you an item is OOS until you have ordered and then you get an email after the purchase. There is no reason for this and I try to avoid them for this reason. There are other alternatives.

+1

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    Not sure there is any reason to get the "E" model with the night vision unless you have plans for covert night operation. I did the EXPS2-0 a few months back only because I could not find the XPS in stock.

Even without the second dot you can use the outside of the circle as a second aiming point also.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The E series has a built in 7mm riser so if you want a lower third co witness, you don't need to buy a separate riser. The G33 3X magnifier comes with an optional 7mm riser to keep everything lined up properly if you want a lower third co witness.

That's how I have my rifles set up.

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    The "E" series isnt designating wether or not the optic is NV compatible. Exps3 are NV compatible. I've got an Aimpoint magnifier with a LaRue mount so I want the raised base of the Exps

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    I was getting my model designations mixed up. I actually have the EXPS3-0 with night vision that I don't need. I do like the lower third co-witness and single dot.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The NV designation is indicated by the model number. -2 mans 2 buttons hence no NV capability. Obviously the -3 designation is VV compabale /w 3 buttons.

The E models have the QD mount and side mounted buttons for easy use with the magnifier and have the built in 7 mm riser.

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Anybody get this to work? SG has the price at $449 and the coupon codes don't knock enough down:

Order Summary
    Merchandise Total
    $449.99
    Coupon
    - $19.99
    Shipping Method
    Ground
    Shipping and Handling
    $19.99
    Package Protection
    $0.99

Grand Total
    $450.98

Not sure what I'm missing.

***edit***
    I used a different code (SK223 - I didn't read the slickguns title first) to get 20% off, bringing the total to $399.99 before the $19.99 shipping.

Still seems like a good price, not sure if it's the optic for me though. Was looking for something for my Tavor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom