• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wvuguy

Mountain Man
    Jan 23, 2012
    Garrett County
    What's everyone's opinion of their warranty work. I bought an EOTech 512 about month ago and I finally put it onto my rifle and I noticed that on the first lens that inside there was a spec of dust or plastic coming from the top and hanging down. Then I noticed that on the front glass something shiny in the sunlight and noticed that a piece of glass had a very tiny chip in it. And also whenever I Google, particles or dust in an Eotech, most of the searches come up from forums in the past 6 months. Is anyone else having problems with quality control from Eotech?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    First I've heard of it. Call them up. They'll take care of it. My guess is that it's a bubble in the glass that was partially polished over and not a chip.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    First I've heard of it. Call them up. They'll take care of it. My guess is that it's a bubble in the glass that was partially polished over and not a chip.

^This. :thumbsup:

Guy I shoot with has sent 2 EO-Tech's in for servicing, one was the old N-cell 511 (they upgraded him to an XPS, for a very reasonable amount), the other one was a 512 with a lens issue.

Both were handled promptly, and at a minimum cost to him.

No longer have an EO-Tech, but would have no issue sending it in for any work, if needed.

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    I had a 512 refurb'ed. It was cheap fast and efficient. Very impressed by the high quality customer service!!!

wvuguy

Mountain Man
    Jan 23, 2012
    Garrett County
    Well I called and they told me to pay the shipping to them. I mean that is 15 dollars out of my pocket for a defect they didn't find but that is how warranties work I guess.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I sent my EoTech in for repair AFTER the warrantee was up, due to a common problem with that model - they fixed it free of charge, and returned it within a week! EoTech is tops in my book.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Odd that EOTech is making you pay for return shipping for repair/replace on a brand-new sight. They should have just issued a UPS or FedEx return tag. Only costs them maybe $10.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    No need for them to print anything. All electronic. They create a return e-label with their UPS or FedEx account, send you an email with a link to it, you print it out, and tape it to whatever box you use. Maybe you got a newb in their CS dept.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Odd that EOTech is making you pay for return shipping for repair/replace on a brand-new sight. They should have just issued a UPS or FedEx return tag. Only costs them maybe $10.

Really not that uncommon. Most places require customer to pay one leg of shipping.

PAMax

Feb 24, 2014
    Primary Arms takes care of its customers

30 days is too close to purchase point for you not to get your new optic taken care of for free. I will credit you back the cost of the shipping and let me know if everything doesn't go smoothly with EoTech. They have a great record of taking excellent care of our customers, but I have a few choice phone numbers just in case.

Max Cowsert
    COO, Primary Arms, LLC
    info@primaryarms.com is the best place to email me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom