EXCELLENT article about armed citizens from a seasoned cop.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Great read.

Besides, I secretly (and selfishly) enjoyed the feeling of superiority in knowing that I was one of the few people allowed by Illinois law to carry around a loaded gun.
    I don't blame her for this....anyone would have a hard time letting go of something that made them "special", but I applaud her for recognizing the mistake. I think far too many people would never see the problem of being "special"

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Good info, it goes along with my standard statement: The bad guys will always outnumber the cops but the law abiding citizens will always outnumber the bad guys.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Lots of cops on that thread who are all for CCW. That is surprising since we hear that "armed citizens" would make a LEO's job more dangerous.

I wonder if there has ever been a good, blind, poll of police about their stance on CCW? Nationally or locally? It would be very interesting to hear what the rank and file feel about citizen CCW.

Splitter

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    My own guess is that most rank and file don't really think about it. When I ask my co-workers about it, those that have an opinion are generally in favor of private citizen CCW rights.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    I'm not a cop & I don't know any, but I would bet most cops in MD won't be friendly to the idea at first because they have never known it any differently. Where as cops in other states probably grew up with a lot more exposure and already understand the sky won't fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom