• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    Here is the question. Twenty two years ago I was falsely arrested and the arrest was expunged from the records. On Maryland's handgun permit application it asks if the applicant has ever been arrested. According to the law I can say I have never been arrested as my record comes up clean. Additionally it asks about previous denials of permit. I was denied a permit back 28 years ago in Maryland because I did not have a good and substantial reason. I wonder how I should respond to that. Thanks

Here is the question. Twenty two years ago I was falsely arrested and the arrest was expunged from the records. On Maryland's handgun permit application it asks if the applicant has ever been arrested. According to the law I can say I have never been arrested as my record comes up clean. Additionally it asks about previous denials of permit. I was denied a permit back 28 years ago in Maryland because I did not have a good and substantial reason. I wonder how I should respond to that. Thanks

The expungement covers you. The denial 28 years ago - i would explain.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I think it depends on the state and the context. For instance I think if you were to apply to the bar you would have to list even expunged arrests. I believe this came up two years ago when it was discovered Martin O'Malley was arrested for DWI and had his record expunged, but he probably did not list his arrest on his bar application when he should have....or something.

Basically though, for the general public and not going for a high security job, an expungment means it never happened and you never have to admit to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom