• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vagrvnt

May 16, 2023
    Maryland
    Hello all, I am planning on trying to get a HQL. I just recently went through court to get my pbj expunged early which the judge granted. I was arrested in 2019 for a conspiracy robbery charge(misdemeanor) , hanging with the wrong crowd got me caught up but thank got i was given the opportunity to change my life and I absolutely did. Was young and dumb with no responsibilities which ended up as me being at the wrong place wrong time. As i said i was placed on a pbj and was never convicted of the crime and as of right now it is working through its expungement process. Just want to get a first person perspective on if this will fail my application before i try to get my HQL after my expungement is completed. Im sure i will be getting a certificate of expungement once the process is complete but will MDSP be able to obtain this record and deny my application ? I keep seeing that there is a section of the application that asks if ever been convicted and also one that asks if ever been placed on pbj. If anyone has any thoughts or answers i would appreciate the feedback. Thanks !

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    "SEARCH" is your friend. Been discussed at length previously. I would suggest a visit to Introductions as a place to start here on the forum

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Hello all, I am planning on trying to get a HQL. I just recently went through court to get my pbj expunged early which the judge granted. I was arrested in 2019 for a conspiracy robbery charge(misdemeanor) , hanging with the wrong crowd got me caught up but thank got i was given the opportunity to change my life and I absolutely did. Was young and dumb with no responsibilities which ended up as me being at the wrong place wrong time. As i said i was placed on a pbj and was never convicted of the crime and as of right now it is working through its expungement process. Just want to get a first person perspective on if this will fail my application before i try to get my HQL after my expungement is completed. Im sure i will be getting a certificate of expungement once the process is complete but will MDSP be able to obtain this record and deny my application ? I keep seeing that there is a section of the application that asks if ever been convicted and also one that asks if ever been placed on pbj. If anyone has any thoughts or answers i would appreciate the feedback. Thanks !
    Expunging the PBJ is the way, it does not count as a conviction per se. Expungement can take a little while but you can always call licensing division of MDSP and see if they provide clarity.

Vagrvnt

May 16, 2023
    Maryland
    Expunging the PBJ is the way, it does not count as a conviction per se. Expungement can take a little while but you can always call licensing division of MDSP and see if they provide clarity.
    Thats what i have been thinking. But lots of mixed answers on google. Ill have to give MDSP a call once the expungement is completed with questions. Thanks !

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    A friend of mine going through something very similar. Had a charge 43 years ago that was a minor little joint. Plead a deal to get out and now he is having to get it expunged in hopes that his HQL will get approved. 43 years and a joint!!!!!! Ridiculous

SavedbytheGraceofGod

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2022
    Central Maryland
    Not a lawyer, but I don't think PBJ on a DUI is expungeable. I think only guilty (not PBJ) charges on DUI are able to be expunged.

Please educate me if that is not the case because I'd like to have my PBJ expunged also, but when I inquired about it 5 years ago, I learned that it's permanent. If that is not the case anymore I'd prefer to have it expunged.

As an aside, it did not disqualify me from getting my wcp or hql.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Not a lawyer, but I don't think PBJ on a DUI is expungeable. I think only guilty (not PBJ) charges on DUI are able to be expunged.

Please educate me if that is not the case because I'd like to have my PBJ expunged also, but when I inquired about it 5 years ago, I learned that it's permanent. If that is not the case anymore I'd prefer to have it expunged.

As an aside, it did not disqualify me from getting my wcp or hql.
    This is true; a DUI PBJ cannot be expunged. However, it looks like OP is seeking expungement of a charge related to robbery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom